StarForce Protection technology didn't recognize the copy

vbimport

The CloneCD 4.2.0.2 copied a disk but the StarForce Protection technology didn’t recognize the disk. How to make the exact copy? I made the copy on a CD-RW disk to check if the StarForce Protection technology would recognize the disk.

Not possible.
Starforce is the strongest CD-protection available for games.
Only with cracks (not alloweD) will succeed on that.
Maybe with a Plextor premium, latest firmware and BlinWrite 5 with a lot ( and really a lot) of luck could succeed.

Would making a virtual CD drive from the disk overcome the Starforce? I would use Daemon Tools for the making a virtual CD drive.

If you’re referring to Starforce 3, no. However, it is sometimes possible to play from an image made with alcohol using starforce 1/2 datatype settings but only if you’ve disconnected all your ide roms first (not really recommended).

How to know the Starforce version?

See http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76916 for tools/tips on detecting what protection is on the disc.
Also check Here and Here

doesnt seem like much is being done about starforce huh?

HI ALL

what games with this protection you have?

I have copied all games which were at me (SF3 of course)

How have you copied SF3 protected disks? I have Big Soviet Encyclopedia SF3 protected disk.

Originally posted by wersachi
[B]HI ALL

what games with this protection you have?

I have copied all games which were at me (SF3 of course) [/B]

well you must be the 1st in the world !
pray tell us all your secret !
and what titles were they?

Originally posted by kopn
How have you copied SF3 protected disks? I have Big Soviet Encyclopedia SF3 protected disk.

first edition it is SF2 (please see version of protect library)
the latest edition may be SF3

What for the Soviet encyclopedia is necessary for you? You speak Russian?

Originally posted by xtacydima
doesnt seem like much is being done about starforce huh?
Hi. Sorry to be so late in replying but SF is an issue for the developers. I know from beta testin with Alcohol that it’s a priority for the Asian market but the guys just can’t tip their hands too early. The Russians suffer from it but there are other ways around it. VeNoM386 got an image some time ago and could emulate it but the big three are the priority in the main.

It’s not on the back burner!

Originally posted by wersachi
[B]first edition it is SF2 (please see version of protect library)
the latest edition may be SF3

What for the Soviet encyclopedia is necessary for you? You speak Russian? [/B]

Yes. I speak Russian. The Big Soviet encyclopedia has 32 000 fine print pages of A4 format, more than 100 000 articles.
How to find the protect library?

Originally posted by kopn
Yes. I speak Russian. The Big Soviet encyclopedia has 32 000 fine print pages of A4 format, more than 100 000 articles.
How to find the protect library?

I found a protect.dll, but there’s no a version information in it’s properties.

I copied Singles: Flirt your Life protected with SF3 (protect.dll version 3.3.33.8)

Now I’m unable to run the game with copied CD. After StarForce Protection Techonology scans the CD I get a message like this

The Disk Key you entered does not correspond to the disc in the drive

there is any way to skip this CD-Scanning by SF3 ?

Welcome cazanova,

at the moment there is no way to create a working backup of StarForce 3 protection.

Is there still no way to create a working backup of StarForce 3 protection?

Nope, unfortunately:(

You may want to try starf*** with an image its worked for me with x2 the threat.