I have exactly the same problem now with Cold War when using SFCure method.
What do I do:
- Two drives on the 2nd IDE channel physically unplugged (molex power cables detached).
- Sfnightmare -> Disable Node
- SFCure started (I have Windows XP SP2 and 32bit CPU AMD Athlon 2800+ Barton)
- Image mounted to alcohol 3105 version and game installed (SF drivers already present, no reboot required)
- The first launch. Everything ok… the game is running.
- When finished, all following attempts to run this game again are not successfull.
My PC gets frozen when checking disc, I can wait for 10, 20, or 50 minutes… no result, still frozen. I have to shut down my rig and turn it on again manually.
This is the first SF game where this “glitch” has occured for me.
I have to uninstall Cold War (including StarForce drivers when prompted) and after reboot I gotta install this game again, but I can run it just only for the first time again.
So I’m a lil bit suspicious SFCure modul MAY BE blacklisted in this game. Anyone got a simillar experience here?