StarForce and Securom *New* v4

• So is new Alcohol able to backup CDs protected by StarForce ???
  • How can I make DPM from backuped CD with RMPS???

Thx

>*So is new Alcohol able to backup CDs protected by StarForce ???

Starforce 1 & 2, yes. Starforce 3, maybe but with some limitations.

>*How can I make DPM from backuped CD with RMPS???

I don’t think it’s possible to make a dpm from an RMPS copy, you need to use the original. (Note: If my understanding on this point is incorrect, alcohol team members should feel free to correct me.)

Yeah, philamber is correct. You cannot get DPM info from a burnt CD. With or without RMPS it doesnt matter.

It IS possible to make DPM again from RMPS burned CD if RMPS emulation is active. Though it has not much sense. If you want to make copy of a copy then simply turn RMPS emulation off and make 1:1 sector copy of CD-R to new media, so all data with RMPS signature is transferred, then enable RMPS emulation again.

I think to get the Physical Parameters of a Backup used the RMPS-Burn-Function, I think that you only have to activate the RMPS-Emulation and then use DPM - I think this because I tried to get the Physical Parameters with the BWABuilder and they were correct (only try it).

Hi VeNoM386
Its not possible on my system to get DPM info from a burnt CD using Alcohol.

@ADMIN and MODS Why doesnt the [ i m g ]blah blah blah [ / i m g ] function work in this board?

It is maybe because you set low DPM speed - you don’t need to do it when making DPM from RMPS copy, leave it on max.
DPM speed setting matters only when you dump from original (try to set it as low as possible then)

I tried making an image file from all the drives which I have access to, and none can get DPM from a backup of Hitman 2 (with RMPS).
I dont know why im even trying to do this. I only did it for the sake of this thread. :slight_smile:

>*So is new Alcohol able to backup CDs protected by StarForce ???

Starforce 1 & 2, yes. Starforce 3, maybe but with some limitations

does Alchohol120% need to be installed in order for the backup to work, like with Securom 4.8 ?

If your creating a RMPS disc then you need Alcohol or another emulation program installed on the PC you are going to run the Disc on.

then my question is, will Starforce backup work without the use of RMPS ?

No.

will Alcohol120% future versions ever incorporate methods of burning protections like Securom 4.8xx without the use of autoplay emulation, like Blindwrite ?

Anything is possible, but I doubt that

Originally posted by Crash-Bot
will Alcohol120% future versions ever incorporate methods of burning protections like Securom 4.8xx without the use of autoplay emulation, like Blindwrite ?

These protections are based on the phisycal parameters of the cd. Then, you need another kind of media, not another kind of program!

Originally posted by luciano

These protections are based on the phisycal parameters of the cd. Then, you need another kind of media, not another kind of program!

Have you tried another kind of program ?
why do you post when you dont know what your talking about ?

This “another kind of media”, has nothing to do with Blindwrite’s burning of twin sectors (wich will make a backup that will run regardless of anything installed on it*), and Alcohol120% software emulation = RMPS wich requires it to be installed on for the backup to run and it will probably have to be bought in order for the software emu to work, wich brings us back to the question, will Alcohol120% ever burn the emulation of twin sectors or, use another equally effective method ?

PS: this is a question aimed to people that can actually answer it, and i know for a fact that im not the only one concerned to find out–

SideNote: since Alchohol120% is one of the few that can backup latest Safedisc 2.8+ properly, it would make an essential purchase if it also can backup Securom 4.8 [properly*]

Originally posted by Crash-Bot
[B]

Have you tried another kind of program ?
why do you post when you dont know what your talking about ?

This “another kind of media”, has nothing to do with Blindwrite’s burning of twin sectors (wich will make a backup that will run regardless of anything installed on it*), and Alcohol120% software emulation = RMPS wich requires it to be installed on for the backup to run and it will probably have to be bought in order for the software emu to work, wich brings us back to the question, will Alcohol120% ever burn the emulation of twin sectors or, use another equally effective method ?

PS: this is a question aimed to people that can actually answer it, and i know for a fact that im not the only one concerned to find out–

SideNote: since Alchohol120% is one of the few that can backup latest Safedisc 2.8+ properly, it would make an essential purchase if it also can backup Securom 4.8 [properly*] [/B]

You don’t know what are you talking about. luciano is right, SecuROM 4.8x is based on DPM and there’s no way to make 1:1 with our current burners and media.
The TwinPeak method has serious compatibility problemas and it’s just a way to fool the guardian module. Latest SecuROM’s versions already blacklist the TwinPeak method, so it doesn’t have a future. The future is based on emulation as Venom386 has said before.

im not talking about a 1:1 theres no such thing as a 1:1 unless you use a replicator, iall of the recent protection versions are emulated or faked, know twin sectors method used by Blindwrite is in fact called emulation, it is a hardware emulation ie: burnt onto the cdr, where Alcohol120% uses a software emulation method, that probably is alot safer and compatible with most hardware, i still think there should be an option to burn the unsafe way, like the twin sectors method, if ur hardware will support it.

btw: where have you heard of twin sectors method being blacklisted and on what version of securom ?

Originally posted by vio_man

The TwinPeak method has serious compatibility problemas and it’s just a way to fool the guardian module. Latest SecuROM’s versions already blacklist the TwinPeak method, so it doesn’t have a future. The future is based on emulation as Venom386 has said before.

I asked specifically for educated or experienced answers, yet you post something Venom386 said, and belive that someone elses words will make your point, why is that ?:confused:

come on guys
lets get along

we are all working for the same goal…

WORLD DOMINATION

wait, thats something else
[shrugs, turns around, walks away]