Have you tried any of these I found these with a quick search on Google.
1) Create a new CureROM Profille --> NEXT
2) Application: *:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe
Application Arguments: Star Wars Empire at War
CureROM Anti-blacklisting enable --> NEXT
3) Image Mounting Software: Use "DAEMON TOOL" to mount...
Backup Image: Browse and load image
Leave the rest as default (Drive 1, 3 seconds, all emulation options) --> NEXT
4) Shortcut Name: Type what you want
Shortcut Location: Create shortcut on desktop
6) Save or NEXT..dont remember
Be sure to leave the image where it is, cause CureROM saved is location in the settings and start the game ONLY with the shortcut CureROM created on your desktop
use cureROM when creating the profile select I dont want to use any Virtual cd/dvd ... the rest leave it as it is (mount the mds Manuaally usind D tools 4)
finally when the profile is over slect the icon cureRom creates and set it to compatibility mode with windows 2000 works every time now i tested in two different pcs and worked great