Star Trek TOS Single Layer Too Big

I have the Box set of Star Trek The Original Series and have decided to back them up so I could store them all in a cd book and put this 100.00 set in storage . The strange thing is they are on single layer discs and shrink and clonedvd2 will show 98.9 % on compression bar Anydvd shows these to be single layer ,- why should there be compression if anydvd is showing single layer and I am using Sony 4.7 GB media. Did they use some kind of mastering overburning on these Star Trek discs or is this common on some series discs? I have never come across this on single layer before or is this a read error in anydvd? I am using AnyDVD 5941 and CloneDVD 2882

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2290560 sectors (4473 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: STARTREK_V5
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

If I should have posted this in the Clondvd topic I aplogise

IMDb confirms the boxed set of TOS are all on single layer disks. On the bottom of the first “filmstrip” page of CloneDVD, is your output set to DVD5? If not, that’s your problem.

If there is some kind of “overburn” or maybe one of the small titles opens up in backupsoftware from a higher level of compression than is normally authored on DVD’s, your only solution would be to eliminate any “junk” titles like warnings or paramount logos etc which might thereafter give you 100% on the quality bar.

Whisperer

Yes I am set to dvd5 I am just stumped at why anydvd reads at 4473 MBytes and I can’t make a 1:1 copy without doing as you said above since the source is a single layer DVD mastered under what my media will hold (including leadin data) …this is a first

You can try to set CloneDVD output size to DVD9, maybe it fits. Otherwise you can use CloneCD, it allows overburning to DVD-/+ media.