Staples/Sony dvd + - 8x $9.94 25 pack

vbimport

Staples/Sony dvd + - 8x $9.94 25 pack

All the previous threads discuss 100pack and 50pack Sony.

I assume they also have 25pack MIJ spindle and they are YoudenT02. Am I right?

Because that was the old sales. This is a new sale. :wink:

25 pack at staples are made in Taiwan and are SONY D11(dvd+r).

$10.76 out the door.

I just bought 25pk MIJ -r they are not TY !

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:SONY08D1]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Sony Recording Media Co.]
Manufacturer ID : [SONY08D1]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

Think it holds true for 25pack as well as 50

If there “exists” an MIJ spindle, I can’t imagine a mediacode other than TY.
But my question is, has anyone seen a 25pack +R MIJ spindle? Still nobody reported its presence.
Last week, when I was hunting 50 pack, I happened to check the 25 pack spindles, but all were MITs. Maybe it’s just because I was unlucky.

I haven’t seen a 25pk MIJ either but I always thought it was just my local stores so I am assuming that if there are any +R MIJ they should be TY.

I know the -R MIJ are SONY08D1 though, well the 8x anyway

So what? Both Sony +R and -R MIT are excellent media with Sony’s own MIDs and burn on par with Taiyo Yuden in Plextor PX-712A and NEC 3520A at up to 12x.

I have the same -R media and a 3520 and the burns aren’t great.They playback fine at 8x but the transfer graph is less than stellar.I hope the firmware has changed to help with this Sony Stuff out.I read it’s good media(when it strategy is right).

Any other opinions on the Sony MIT’s?

I got some + on sunday and I got some -(MIT) today.Both transfer rates were abysmal but both played back on the standalone just fine.No flaws.

I picked up some SONY 8X -R MIJ (SONY08D1) that record at 16X on my 3520a. I can’t do any error testing with my NEC (yet) but the transfer rate test is 100% perfect. I don’t see anything wrong with these from my standpoint. :wink:

The -R MIT on my NEC 3520 were not too good either. I had to use my Sony 510 to get acceptable results. They still occasionally pause on my Sony DVD player.