Staples DVD-R Sale Discs Don't work

I have a two year old Emerson VHS/DVD recorder and bought DVD-R blank from Staples. They were on sale --50 discs for about 13 dollars. My DVD would not operate with them. Kept saying that “playback function was not available on disc”. Didn’t look any different from the Maxell DVD-R discs I orignially bought and used for the past two years. Any help would be appreciated.

Try a better quality media.

What is the country of origin on the discs? I agree with CCRomeo though, you will be much better off spending a couple of dollars extra and getting some Verbatim discs as the sales on them are pretty frequent.

Take them back to staples and get your money back. Tell them they burn like crap and they’ll give you a refund.

Alan

[QUOTE=Mister_Al;2285284]Take them back to staples and get your money back. Tell them they burn like crap and they’ll give you a refund.

Alan[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Agree - Staple’s good that way-eh!! :iagree:

[QUOTE=zillazilla;2285110]I have a two year old Emerson VHS/DVD recorder and bought DVD-R blank from Staples. They were on sale --50 discs for about 13 dollars. My DVD would not operate with them. Kept saying that “playback function was not available on disc”. Didn’t look any different from the Maxell DVD-R discs I orignially bought and used for the past two years. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

For $13 per pack of 50 DVD-R disk you can buy Verbatim or Sony brand that give you peace of mind in burning process.