Staples ad for week of Feb. 18

vbimport

Right here.

thanks much for the notice

The I/O Magic DVD burner for $19.98 after easy rebate looks interesting. Some I/O burners have been BenQ. Anybody know what this stock number 582300 might be? If it’s something like a 1650, it would be a real steal at that price.

I think it’s been awhile since the I/O Magic’s have been BenQs, though I could be wrong.

CompUSA seems to be the only place that still has them left, under the Norwood badge.

I’m looking to buy that Palm TX, but it says it’s $300, which is the normal retail price. :confused:

I got an email for Rewards Card holders and the 2G SanDisk Cruiser is $14.99 no rebates. I believe i’ll grab one for that price. I got the 1G on black friday for $14.99 with $7 rebate and it works good.

The picture says iDVD168DL in the lower-left corner of the box, which is a rebadged BenQ DW 1670.

“2G SanDisk Cruiser is $14.99 no rebates”

That is the 1gb. The 2gb is $25 after 7 MIR.

has anyone took a dare on those playo 16x?

not till sunday and then it’s very iffy

real verbatims only 26 cents at office max this week
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediasearch=playo&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=11&size=All&dvdburnspeed=16&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media

a mid code and dye? don’t make a good burnable blank

Yes you are right. I read it wrong. I saw M2 at a glance and had a brain fart :doh:

yeah i read that these playos were fake verbatim mid codes so i didn’t really know…for $6…u never know

Playo has a history of faked codes so I wouldn’t bother with them.

The picture says iDVD168DL in the lower-left corner of the box, which is a rebadged BenQ DW 1670[QUOTE]

Bought same i/o magic drive black friday with IDVD168DL on bottom left of box. Turned out to be a lite-on 160p6s.

I’ve had better luck with Playo’s lately than with Verbatim MCC004’s. My 1640 and 1650 love 'em. I have a $30 Staples Rewards check that I’ll probably blow this weekend.

[QUOTE=billme]The picture says iDVD168DL in the lower-left corner of the box, which is a rebadged BenQ DW 1670

Bought same i/o magic drive black friday with IDVD168DL on bottom left of box. Turned out to be a lite-on 160p6s.

:iagree: …and if I recall it probably came wrapped in pink plastic which can be easily seen by lifting the bottom flap slightly.

With the I/O Magic, if you get the Liteon then it’s worth it, if you get the 1670 then I’d say spend another $10 and get a better burner, it’s not that great.

Regarding the Playo discs, my 8x Playo discs (AML002 and UME01) are both very good for inexpensive media, the 16x discs use the media codes MCC004 and MCC03RG20. While both are likely faked codes, the MCC004 discs burn quite well, better than my recent batch of Verbatim for that matter. The MCC03RG20 give me marginal burns though so I would skip those.

so if I were interested in this drive (wanting the litey) I should look for the pink plastic wrapper?

Reading around the 1670 seems to be a drive to avoid :frowning:

About one year ago that worked with the Iomagic Lightscribe model (LiteOn 165H6S). Was sealed in a pinkish translucent plastic wrapper - the clear wrapped models were Benq’s. But that was a year ago - not sure this is true anymore. Maybe someone will comment with newer info.

I have found LG’S,LiteOn and Benq 1670’s.

The pink anti-static bubble wrap worked for the 160p6s on black friday. Only I didn’t “peek for pink”, I opened the bottom all the way just to make sure.