Staples $40 off $60 online or by phone

vbimport

Today I got email from Staples about their 27th anniversary sale including coupon for $40 off $60 or more with free shipping for online and phone orders. It says restrictions apply, but it worked for me to get a Seagate hard drive priced at $70 for total checkout price of $30. I clicked on the coupon link received in email, and it said “coupon code ***************** will be applied at checkout.” I don’t know if a different code is issued to each email recipient, but you might try that code if you haven’t received the email coupon.

That’s a unique code that is exclusive to your account. The 16-digit codes should never be posted publicly.

The 5-digit codes are universal and can be used by anyone.

Sorry, I didn’t know that. I guess that means the only way to take advantage of such deals is by being emailed the offer. I won’t repeat this mistake now that I know.

I can remove the code if you like bevills1.

Yes, please do remove the code.

Staples doesn’t offer these deals too often. They usually exclude technology, electronics, and most good things including gift cards (which can be used to do an end run around the restrictions). So, $40 off $60 in paper kind of sucks-- lucky for you it was better.

Most of us saw bad deals last Black Friday & August from Staples… somebody let the scrooge in that company last year.

Interesting post…

Today I got another Staples offer by email to get $40 off $60 or more with free shipping for phone and online orders, and I ordered another item priced at $70 for just $30. Maybe everybody should register with Staples to be able to receive these offers!

[QUOTE=bevills1;2686958]Today I got another Staples offer by email to get $40 off $60 or more with free shipping for phone and online orders, and I ordered another item priced at $70 for just $30. Maybe everybody should register with Staples to be able to receive these offers![/QUOTE]

With all of the exceptions on the coupons now and the high prices for some of the things I’m interested in, SSD’s and hard drives in particular, its hard to get too motivated unless this stacks on top of a sale price. They haven’t been allowing much if any stacking in the past year.

My latest purchase was a 1TB hard drive on special for $70 and was only $30 after the $40 off $60 or more coupon was applied. Where else can you get a new 1TB Seagate drive folr $30? It may or may not work on what you’re looking for, but it doesn’t hurt to try which worked for me.

I’d much prefer they CLOSE some staples stores and be forced to liquidate the 1tb drives for $30 at retail-- no coupon needed. OfficeMax took a haircut & closed a wave of stores… staples will be next soon.