Staples $3 credit on inkjets

vbimport

does Stapes still off the $3 credit on the return of hp inkjets?

i think their rules have changed on the ink cartridges deal. not sure specifically. but have changed. still get some kind of credit.

not sure about staples, but i know officemax takes them

[QUOTE=jigsw;2091263]not sure about staples, but i know officemax takes them[/QUOTE]

Maybe not for long.

I was in last week and the cashier made reference to them discontinuing or revamping the program.

He did a poor job of explaining and my consderition was for the others waiting in line, so I simply moved on.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

[quote=Nemesys;2091286]Maybe not for long.

I was in last week and the cashier made reference to them discontinuing or revamping the program.

He did a poor job of explaining and my consderition was for the others waiting in line, so I simply moved on.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.[/quote] No more Ink Cart cash credits at OM, they add them to your Rewards program, I think Staples might be doing the same thing.:doh:

I redeemed a few HP inkjet cartridges at Staples a couple of weeks ago and the cashier said the $3/cartridge would be credited to my Staples Rewards account rather than deducted from my order. I checked my Rewards account and she was right.

[QUOTE=8mh;2091366]I redeemed a few HP inkjet cartridges at Staples a couple of weeks ago and the cashier said the $3/cartridge would be credited to my Staples Rewards account rather than deducted from my order. I checked my Rewards account and she was right.[/QUOTE]

I wonder whether $3 per Catridge credit is only being given to brand names (HP, Cannon, Epson…) or include non-brand (genetic) also.

[QUOTE=8mh;2091366]I redeemed a few HP inkjet cartridges at Staples a couple of weeks ago and the cashier said the $3/cartridge would be credited to my Staples Rewards account rather than deducted from my order. I checked my Rewards account and she was right.[/QUOTE]This is crap 8 miler. I believe you have to get $200 in purchases built up in one month before you get anything back on the Rewards? I forget the time period…

Its not being given to any carts anymore, its like Bob said, they put it towards your Rewards and if you do not buy enough stuff you will just lose them no matter what brand carts they are.

Yup, I agree. Worse yet was when they started counting only ink and toner, paper and copy center purchases towards Rewards. I’m pretty sure that the accounting period is per quarter. So you have to watch your balance and group your purchases when possible.

[QUOTE=Bob;2091462]This is crap 8 miler. I believe you have to get $200 in purchases built up in one month before you get anything back on the Rewards? I forget the time period…[/QUOTE]

Then the whole thing is a sham, I rather through away the catridges than giving them to this outfit.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2091510]Then the whole thing is a sham, I rather through away the catridges than giving them to this outfit.[/QUOTE]
Yep/mine are in the garbage as we speak.

I wish I could find someone who could use the full and partly full ones before I trash them.

[QUOTE=etp;2091748]Yep/mine are in the garbage as we speak.[/QUOTE]

eBay them

My answer found. I got hold of a hp Deskjet 5850 discarded with dry inkjets not power supply, USB cable or software. I replaced the inkjets, I could reuse my power supply and cable and down loaded the driver software, did some cleaning and it works like new now. :clap:

One great way to use the parts and inkjets from my dead printer. My 5 inkjets have new life in a recovered printer.

lesson for all: If you have space save what you can. That old power supply sells for $55 the inkjets for more than $65 and the USB printer cable ~ $20

Makes you wonder how much is just trashed that will a bit of effort could be reused.

If I come across any ink carts that I can’t use, I give them to my neighborhood ink refill shop.
He’s glad to get them and treats me more than fairly in return.

BTW, I just redeemed my last Staples $3.00 ink cart coupon from 2005.
They honored it !

[quote=jflan;2095396]If I come across any ink carts that I can’t use, I give them to my neighborhood ink refill shop.
He’s glad to get them and treats me more than fairly in return.

BTW, I just redeemed my last Staples $3.00 ink cart coupon from 2005.
They honored it ![/quote]
Yes, if you have the coupons already, they will honor them, but you will not get anymore from here on out.:frowning:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2095439]Yes, if you have the coupons already, they will honor them, but you will not get anymore from here on out.:([/QUOTE]
Right, I was surprised and pleased that they honored it from 2005.
During that ink cartridge return campaign, Staples made a big deal about “no expiration date” on the coupons.
The clerks would cross out the printed expiration date and initial it.
You could only use one per transaction so I accumulated quite a few coupons.
At the time, I think it was OfficeMax that they were trying to “one up”.