Stapels sale: Teon(R) DVD Media

vbimport

This is Staples sale.
Anyone knows if this is good media?

Save $15 – Teon® DVD Media, 40/Pack, (SKUs 581940, 581941) - just $4.94 after $9 Easy Rebate* and $6 instant savings.
Limit 2 Teon easy rebates per household.

This media is OK from what I’ve seen of other peoples. Both +R and -R I think used a CMC Magnetics dye so if you have a NEC ND3500AG you should be ok with this media as the NEC DVD Burners always burned pretty well with it. :wink:

There are Teon +Rs with CMCMAGE01 and MCC003 MIDs. I would prefer the MCC003 simply because it can be burn @12x in most burners.

I’d pick some up if I could tell I’m getting MCC003.

Thanks, I looked at videohelp.com and they have good reviews, especially burning on the NEC ND-3500 that I have.

Also, I do already have TDK DVD+R 8X which are MIT CMC MAG E01
Is there a way to tell which cake boxes are the MCC?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=124230

don’t know if the packaging still the same. That was a month ago.

Staples also has a new house brand (Staples lable) that is on sale for 14.95 for a spindle of 50 I picked up some -R as that is what my crappy stand alone dvd player seems to like. Here is the dvd info on it:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AE1]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AE1]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

First burn on my NEC ND-2510A went well. Buned at 8X

I was looking for the MI-India staples brand (Mosser Baer), just for testing :smiley: but my local staples doesnt carry atm.

The staples in Delray (S. Fl.) had about 20 Teon+R MCC and a couple of other (MAG?) spindles for sale. They were going pretty fast and I was happy to help reduce inventory and get my 2.

ot, fwiw, etc - The I/O Magics on sale for $39 a/r looked to not be BENQ’s.

How did you know they were MCCs? I got a pack of +R with the spacers on the bottom and they turned out to be cmcs.

I just got one Teon DVD+R 8X MIT. The spacers are at the bottom, so it looks like a full cakebox. All cackeboxes I saw were this style.
I checked 2 discs and they are:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Some posters said this style of cakebox should have been the MCC.

Goudo: I followed the same advice with the Teon DVD+R and bought the ones that had spacers at the bottom so that the spindle looked full. Mine were MCC003. Seems that the spacers on the bottom thing doesn’t mean MCC necessarily.

Maybe Teon was reading cdfreaks.com, hehehe :slight_smile:

would staple let me return them,i burned one already… :sad:

You cannot return opened media around my way, but if your local Staples is not too far it might be worth a trip to find out their local policy.

I’ve returned media before when I couldn’t get good burns, with no problems at all. It may be up to the individual stores.

I picked up a pack of +R in Boynton Beach, FL. Spacers were at the bottom (i.e. pack looked full), I thought I had gotten MCCs. They’re actually CMC MAG-E01-000… Not bad disks, but I didn’t need any more CMCs even at $5 per 40. I now have enough media to last me a lifetime :slight_smile:

free4all: you’re right by me - small world! :slight_smile: Are you sure yours are MCCs? Not that I’m gonna pick up any more, but I’m just curious.

P.S. To the ones hating on the CMCs - they’re not that bad, and at $5 they’re a steal. Of course, I have a NEC 3520 and I burn using stock firmware, so for me most media works perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a transfer scan of a Teon CMC MAG-E01-000. No worries.

some of the ones i found were benq 1620. even though all the boxes were the same, there was just one way to tell. on top of the box where they are taped, the benq had io magic tape on top of the tap that was on the box originally. it seems like io magic opened the boxes and then retaped them with the circle tape that has io magic all over it. i bought 2 like this and got both benqs. i even checked 12 others that came outside the store and out of the 12, 7 had benqs and had the io magic tape, 5 had just the regular circle tape without the io magic and they were all magic spin. so it seems that if u can see the words io magic on the tape it might just mean its a benq!! Hope this helps you all!

Here’s a CMC E01 burned at 12x in my NEC 3500. :wink: