Standard DVDs

vbimport

I just did a back up on disc of Wrath of the Titans and 21 mins into movie the sound cut off and a box poped up and said sound off do to Cinavia and how do I get a good back up with no problems.

Oh I used DVDFab 6.0.1.8.

Also keep in mind i’m not computer smart

Thanks.
Jeannie

So, just to be clear, you did a backup from an original dvd, and your copy is not a blu ray converted to dvd?

There is no solution for Cinavia, other than playing your backups on equipment that doesn’t support it. The vast majority of dvd players do not recognize Cinavia watermarking in the audio, so my guess is that you played this on a Sony PS3.

So, play it on another dvd player, or play from a computer to your tv screen, or use a media player, like the Western Digital TV Live.

[QUOTE=altitude;2640561]I just did a back up on disc of Wrath of the Titans and 21 mins into movie the sound cut off and a box poped up and said sound off do to [B]Cinavia[/B] and how do I get a good back up with no problems.

Oh I used DVDFab 6.0.1.8.

Also keep in mind i’m not computer smart

Thanks.
Jeannie[/QUOTE]

DVDFab uses a workaround for Cinavia protected disc’s that involves creating a protected backup in a format that DVDFab’s producers have named BDMV-REC, and unfortunately you must have a Blu-ray writer that supports ‘binding nonce generation’.

If your drive does support ‘binding nonce generation’ and wish to take advantage of this feature you will need to update to the latest version.

To learn more on this and to see if your drive is among the list of drive that supports ‘binding nonce generation’ give this-> Thread a read.

[B]SJ[/B]

Sony closed the loophole for BD-Rec discs with one of their firmware updates. I don’t believe DVDFab’s workaround for Cinavia actually works anymore for fully updated PS3’s.

Thanks,I have a Blu-Ray player that plays Blu-Rays and Standard disc’s.I have an old DVD Player that does not play Blu-Rays and my Standard disc playing so far pass the point where the sound stops working.It is playing great with picture and sound.I figured it was the Blu-Ray Player and started watching it on old player and it is now playing awesome.Sorry about that but my first time this happen with my Blu-Ray Player.I don’t have a Blu-Ray burner and have been using standard burner for standard disc that so far every week when I buy standard new releases I have always played on Blu-Ray Player.
I learn something new all the time and this is another one.

Thanks For Your Help.

Jeannie :clap:

@Kerry

You are stating for issues with a PS3 with the latest firmware and the OP didn’t state using a PS3 for the playback.

[B]SJ[/B]

True, but I didn’t know that until her last post. :bigsmile:

The firmware update that Sony added for BD-Rec discs can be applied to any blu ray player with Cinavia protection, if the manufacturers decide to implement it. So DVDFab’s workaround is basically dead in the water.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2640572]True, but I didn’t know that until her last post. :bigsmile:

The firmware update that Sony added for BD-Rec discs can be applied to any blu ray player with Cinavia protection, [B]if[/B] the manufacturers decide to implement it. So DVDFab’s workaround is basically dead in the water.[/QUOTE]

If is the word :iagree: and until the if comes to past we are good to go. :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]