Standalone player will not play DVD

vbimport

I have a DVD that will play on my computer but not my standalone. I converted a Real Audio/Real Video fille to several Video_TS files, I burned the largest one to disk, and it will only play on my computer not my standalone, should I have converted to something else? Please help!

If you are trying to make a dvd-video from these Real format videos, the end result should be a set of .vob, .ifo and .bup files within a Video_TS folder. If the video is larger than 1gb in size after converting to dvd-video, you should have more than one vob file. They will be 1gb max for each vob file.

When you burn dvd video to a disk, you need the [B]entire[/B] Video_TS folder and you need to burn with a program that is capable of burning dvd-video. I suggest ImgBurn. www.imgburn.com
If you have an Audio_TS folder, it will be empty, but it doesn’t hurt to include it as well, when you burn to a disk.

What program have you used to convert the Real video to dvd-video?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544478]If you are trying to make a dvd-video from these Real format videos, the end result should be a set of .vob, .ifo and .bup files within a Video_TS folder. If the video is larger than 1gb in size after converting to dvd-video, you should have more than one vob file. They will be 1gb max for each vob file.

When you burn dvd video to a disk, you need the [B]entire[/B] Video_TS folder and you need to burn with a program that is capable of burning dvd-video. I suggest ImgBurn. www.imgburn.com
If you have an Audio_TS folder, it will be empty, but it doesn’t hurt to include it as well, when you burn to a disk.

What program have you used to convert the Real video to dvd-video?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for responding Kerry, i have 8 Video_TS files nothing in Audio_TS i loaded them all in ImgBurn still won’t play on standalone, files are as follows;

1. Video_TS.BUP 12KB
  2. VIDEO_TS.VOB 430 kb
    3.VTS_01_0.IFO 36KB
    4.VTS_01_1.VOB 1024 MB
    5.VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB
    6.VTS_01_0.BUP 36KB
    7.VTS_01_0.VOB 430KB
  3. VTS_01_2.VOB 21.8 MB

Please post your log file from ImgBurn. You can find it by clicking Help within ImgBurn, then ImgBurn Log files. We only need the part about this last burn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544488]Please post your log file from ImgBurn. You can find it by clicking Help within ImgBurn, then ImgBurn Log files. We only need the part about this last burn.[/QUOTE]
Here you go!

ImgBurn 1.txt (23.9 KB)

Ok, ImgBurn corrected the file type for dvd-video, so you weren’t just burning as data. That was one thing I was looking for. You need ISO9660 + UDF 1.02 for dvd video.

You are using Ritek F1 media and burning at max speed. You should cut the speed back to 12x.

Also, I’m not sure where you are located, but the type of dvd you are burning here is PAL standard. If you are in the US, you need to make the dvd as NTSC standard. Most American dvd players cannot play PAL standard dvd-video.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544496]Ok, ImgBurn corrected the file type for dvd-video, so you weren’t just burning as data. That was one thing I was looking for. You need ISO9660 + UDF 1.02 for dvd video.

You are using Ritek F1 media and burning at max speed. You should cut the speed back to 12x.

Also, I’m not sure where you are located, but the type of dvd you are burning here is PAL standard. If you are in the US, you need to make the dvd as NTSC standard. Most American dvd players cannot play PAL standard dvd-video.[/QUOTE]

I am in the US any idea how to make the DVD as a NTSC standard with ImgBurn?

Can’t be done by the burning program. You’ll have to re-encode it using whatever program you used before, but make sure to have it output as NTSC dvd.

Normally I’d recommend AVStoDVD for this, but I’m not sure it can handle Real media as input. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Format Factory should work if you think you need another program. http://www.formatoz.com/ But every converter I’ve ever seen has options to produce PAL or NTSC dvd-video. You just need to look through the controls on your software.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544500]Can’t be done by the burning program. You’ll have to re-encode it using whatever program you used before, but make sure to have it output as NTSC dvd.

Normally I’d recommend AVStoDVD for this, but I’m not sure it can handle Real media as input. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Format Factory should work if you think you need another program. http://www.formatoz.com/ But every converter I’ve ever seen has options to produce PAL or NTSC dvd-video. You just need to look through the controls on your software.[/QUOTE]
I am using the converter SUPER latest build, i don’t see that option.
But before i do please read this tell me what you think i hope you don’t mind that i got it from another site it came up when i googled.

By the way my standalone is a Panasonic-DVD-RV27

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Panasonic-DVD-RV27

Converting dvd video from PAL to NTSC is a huge can of worms that you really, REALLY don’t want to get into. You have to change both the resolution and the frame rates. On rare occasions (when using MP2 audio) you have change that format. It can be done well if you have a lot of experience using various editing tools, like avisynth scripts or vdub filters, Muxman, HCenc, etc. You can also do this reasonably well as a one step conversion with ConvertXtoDVD or better yet, ProCoder ($$$).

You will be [B]much[/B] better off going from the original video and converting to NTSC.

SUPER will have an option to output as NTSC dvd video! If I have to, I’ll download it and find the control.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544503]SUPER will have an option to output as NTSC dvd video! If I have to, I’ll download it and find the control.[/QUOTE]
No please don’t, if it’s there i will find it, i also downloaded Format Factory

Too late.

Here is the picture of how you should set up Super:

By the way, if you have a widescreen video, you’ll need to change one setting on that Super screenshot. Use 16:9 instead of 3:2.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544506]Too late.

Here is the picture of how you should set up Super:[/QUOTE]

LOL your amazing going to try right now!

Looks like it will be a while encoding, will post back later in the day thanks so much!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544507]By the way, if you have a widescreen video, you’ll need to change one setting on that Super screenshot. Use 16:9 instead of 3:2.[/QUOTE]
Kerry good news and bad, your a genius your settings worked, it played on my standalone but it’s an incomplete movie. The size of the Video_ts folder is 101 MB (too small for a two hour movie) the original movie is 202.5 MB what I burned onto the disc played for 4:07 then stopped. Something went wrong in converting the original movie. Back to the drawing board thanks

I just clicked on the RealMedia file, it has the full movie on there, something about these rm files that make it difficult to convert, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks again Kerry!

Real Media format is a pain in the butt. I don’t understand why anyone uses it.

Try Format Factory. Again, you’ll need to set output as NTSC dvd video.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544523]Real Media format is a pain in the butt. I don’t understand why anyone uses it.

Try Format Factory. Again, you’ll need to set output as NTSC dvd video.[/QUOTE]
Will give it a shot and get back to you, thanks again! By the way someone told me to test the IFO file by playing it in a Media Player Classic or similar the IFO file is only 4 minutes long, what does this mean?

[QUOTE=Chala;2544591]By the way someone told me to test the IFO file by playing it in a Media Player Classic or similar the IFO file is only 4 minutes long, what does this mean?[/QUOTE]

If you’ll be taking on more projects, or perhaps getting the converting/editing/authoring bug, some research/reading is definitely in order, starting with these, hope it helps!..:slight_smile:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvd
http://www.afterdawn.com/tech_support/answer.cfm/how_do_i_play_ifo_files
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_vob___ifo___bup_files.cfm