Standalone DVD player, which one reads media well?

vbimport

Hi

I’m looking for a cheap standalone DVD player (<250$, preferably as cheap as possible) that reads movies burned on DVD and that isn’t very sensitive about the quality of the discs.

Any suggestions?

I’ve got a Philips DVD 640 which runs pretty much everything.

everybody i know who has a cheap “Pacific” dvd player can play anything and everything, even disks that most other players struggle with.

Apex makes several players that play just about anything. I have a AD1110w and two AD1225Ws, they play all my burned disks. I use mostly Ricoh media and bitsetting also.

This should be all you need:DVDrHelp’s DVD Player VCD,SVCD,CD-R/W,DVD±R/W Compatibility list

Find a player you are interested in. Then search for it and see what success other people have had with it.

GL :smiley:

i luv my cyberhome ch 300 dvd player. It plays everything.
It also plays raw mpegs. and for 40 dollars its sweet

I recommend the Pioneer 563A. It offers a large set of features – including DVD-A and SACD capabilities – at a very low price. It plays everything I’ve burned with no problems at all. However, it has a strange tendency to stretch SVCD images into letterbox. Overall, very good for the price. Can be had for well below your $250 USD threshold.

Originally posted by Ssseth
This should be all you need:DVDrHelp’s DVD Player VCD,SVCD,CD-R/W,DVD±R/W Compatibility list

Cracking list that. Good find.

Originally posted by Womble
Cracking list that. Good find.

Thanks, it was in my signature for 4 months… :stuck_out_tongue: