Stamper codes of fake media

vbimport

This thread may be useful for those who are interested in identifying the real manufacturer of media with faked MID codes.

All these stamper codes belongs to media made with MustTech’s stampers.
Must Technology is the supplier of dye & stampers to many companies from Asia, but they are making a media by themselves too.

This medium 8x rated DVD+R medium was made directly by Must Technology, it has a MCC003 MID code

Another medium made by Must Tech, this time a 1,4GB DVD-R medium with MCC 02RG20 MID

DVD+R DL 8x, Must Tech made fake with MKM 003 MID

This stamper code belongs to 8x DVD+R medium with faked MCC 003 MID most likely made by ISSM.

8x rated DVD-R medium made by Infosmart, MCC 02RG20 MID

16x DVD+R made by Infosmart, MCC 004 MID code

So if you any medium with any of these stamper codes, now you can identify its manufacturer.

Very informative, thanks for educating me (at least ;)). Are the majority of faked media out there made using Must Tech’s equipment or are there other major players as well?

Is the low quality of their manufactured media due to their poor quality control? Or is it because of their cheap substandard equipment?

Someone must know the answers, and I’d be a bit smarter if anyone does share. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=evo69;2131033]Very informative, thanks for educating me (at least ;)). Are the majority of faked media out there made using Must Tech’s equipment or are there other major players as well?[/QUOTE]
No problem :flower:.
I do not know, honestly. It is almost impossible to get any informations about most of major manufacturers from China. But almost all companies in China and Hong Kong and most of smaller Taiwanese companies are producing media with faked MID code…
Must Tech is the supplier of dye & stampers, they are not producing a manufacturing equipment.
And by the way, some well known companies did produce fake media in the past too. Optodisc, Gigastorage, Princo, Umedisc…

[QUOTE=evo69;2131033]Is the low quality of their manufactured media due to their poor quality control? Or is it because of their cheap substandard equipment?[/QUOTE]
Because they want and need to produce ultra cheap media. Therefore they are using a cheap materials (dye, bonding and sputtering material, polycarbonate), they have virtually no quality control, almost no R&D staff (they are many times buying a manufacturing process know-how from another companies), they are using stampers after their lifetimes, etc.). And of course, they use non-licensed MID codes and they are not paying any patent fees.
Cheap media = crap media (in most cases).

Here is the serial number of Vanguard made fake TYG02 DVD-R.

Stamper code is not on the inner hub but on the outer edge of DVD (like most of DVDs made with Interaxia’s stamper).

I need your help with some stamper codes of fake media.
If you know who is the real manufacturer let us all know. Thanks in advance.

Xidex branded, fake TYG02
Optodisc??

Titanum, fake MCC 02 RG20 (IIRC)

Techmaster, fake TYG02. Umedisc??

Sencor, fake MCC 003

MediaMac, fake MCC 003

Gigatain, fake MCC 02RG20

Media with this or similar stamper codes were made by Anyang Sunny Mastering Products, which was later bought by Umedisc (owned by Anwell Digital) and renamed to Henan Kerry Digital.

Silly me. :stuck_out_tongue: That didn’t sink in, was focused more on the posted pics - what blanks to avoid :wink:

[QUOTE=pepst;2131052]And by the way, some well known companies did produce fake media in the past too. Optodisc, Gigastorage, Princo, Umedisc…[/QUOTE]

Optodisc did? Well it’s a far cry from what they were making just before they stopped (it’s confirmed that they’re dead now, right?).

Ah, so that’s another place to look for the stamper code. I’ve seen quite a few cheap/unbranded discs that had nothing in the inner hub to indicate what or who made it. I usually don’t bother with those types of discs, although knowing that stamper codes can be found on the outside is something to look out for too.

I don’t really get it but I’m happy when I know what these codes actually mean - while other people ignorantly suggest Imations or super cheap variants. Lol. :smiley:

Seen those around, can’t remember what brand it was though. The IFPI code stood out as it reminded me of something.

I learn more every day. :slight_smile: Thanks pepst! :flower:

[QUOTE=evo69;2131634]Optodisc did? Well it’s a far cry from what they were making just before they stopped (it’s confirmed that they’re dead now, right?).[/QUOTE]
Yes, they produced quite a lot fake TYG02 media in the past and maybe some fake MCC & MXL media too.

Ah, so that’s another place to look for the stamper code. I’ve seen quite a few cheap/unbranded discs that had nothing in the inner hub to indicate what or who made it. I usually don’t bother with those types of discs, although knowing that stamper codes can be found on the outside is something to look out for too.

Media made with Interaxia’s stampers (but not all and not necessarily with VDSPMSAB MID) have a stamper number on the outer range. If you have some media with such stamper code, you are probably in big troubles - Interaxia’s dyes were quite infamous because of rapid detoriating.

I learn more every day. :slight_smile: Thanks pepst! :flower:

You’re welcome. :flower:

Optodisc isn’t dead (yet). They’ve just started Blu Ray production.
However they are in quite some big problems when it comes to financially and legaly. Last has to do with not paying royalties to Philips, which created a situation were they can not sell there media in quite some places. (europe, america for instance)

MXL is official, the codes are not FAKED !
Now Matsushita is the more questionable one. Panasonic denies that optodisc makes media for them. However all the other evidence says that the production of optodisc is legit as well. Probably pioneer doesn’t want to be associated with Optodisc.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2131674]Optodisc isn’t dead (yet). They’ve just started Blu Ray production.[/QUOTE]
Production of recordable or pre-recorded media? Do you know what type of machinery do they use?

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2131674]MXL is official, the codes are not FAKED !
Now Matsushita is the more questionable one. Panasonic denies that optodisc makes media for them. However all the other evidence says that the production of optodisc is legit as well. Probably pioneer doesn’t want to be associated with Optodisc.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for info. AFAIK Optodisc was (or still is?) the OEM producer of Maxell’s DVD-RAM media. I did not know that they produced ±R media for Maxell too.
Panasonic - do you mean RAM or -R media?

Matsushita = RAM.

Recordables for maxell by Optodisc ? Hmm never seen those, but I do know that optodisc doesn’t want to loose Maxell as customer. So if they exist, they should be legit. Optodisc isn’t stupid enough to piss off one of their biggest customers.

The blu ray’s are recordables and rewritables.

I was confused by the thread title, which lead me to think that there were now fake stampercodes! End of the world! :doh:

May I suggest you ask a moderator to rename the thread “stamper codes of fake media”? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2132225]May I suggest you ask a moderator to rename the thread “stamper codes of fake media”? :)[/QUOTE]
Good idea :iagree:

• Waves Wondrous Wand of Thread Title Transmogriffication *

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2132373]* Waves Wondrous Wand of Thread Title Transmogriffication *[/QUOTE]Aaaawwwwwwe :eek: :bow:
:wink: