Stalling problem with LDW-411s

I have burnt about 20 DVDs since I purchased the Lite_on LDW-411s.

However the last two times I noticed some problems. I used Nero 6.0 to burn my DVDs, suddenly the light starts flickering on the unit between red and yellow. The used read buffer goes down to 0, and the burning proceeds but much much more slowly. And the used read buffer fluctuates a LOT.

I am using Memorex DVD-Rs ProdiscS03 with firmware FS0J.

Could someone please help me out here as to whats going wrong?

are you @ 6.0 in nero or 6.3.03?

also are running DMA enabled?

can you burn cds? or are they a problem also?

I am 6.0 in Nero

I realy dont know How to check for DMA enabled, burnt a few CDs successfully a few days back. No problem.

Actually I noticed this after I tried burning a DVD following burning a CD.

Originally posted by sbhatt01
I realy dont know How to check for DMA enabled, burnt a few CDs successfully a few days back. No problem.

In device manager open up IDE Controllers, then right click on the channel your burner is on (primary or secondary) and select properties. Press advanced and you will see the mode listed there.

Have you tried a different burning application yet? That would determine whether or not it’s Nero.

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]In device manager open up IDE Controllers, then right click on the channel your burner is on (primary or secondary) and select properties. Press advanced and you will see the mode listed there.

Have you tried a different burning application yet? That would determine whether or not it’s Nero. [/B]

Yes I figured it out DMA is not enabled on the Liteon but I havent tried any other software for writing DVD-/+ Rs, however I do use sonicDVD for writing to DVD+rw and thats only data and it works fine.

DMA needs to be enabled.