Spying Columbia County FLA

vbimport

Hello all
Any idea what software might send info from my PC to them?

Peerblock is too cool.

Having State/government agencies snooping disturbs me greatly.
Thanks for your help.
BTW: Far from a newbie except from posting on the MyCe forum boards. :wink:
Jeff

[QUOTE=Jeffrey_P;2546397]Hello all
Any idea what software might send info from my PC to them?

Peerblock is too cool.

Having State/government agencies snooping disturbs me greatly.
Thanks for your help.
BTW: Far from a newbie except from posting on the MyCe forum boards. :wink:
Jeff[/QUOTE]

Your going to have to be more specific as to what software your referring to? Since you provide very little details as to what is going on?? If you that concern you should contact the D.A. in state captial and ask them. You knows as well since being here this long you need to do you homework as well we here to help not to do the foot work for you. You must also provide enough info for other to read over and know what to advise on.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2546435]Your going to have to be more specific as to what software your referring to? Since you provide very little details as to what is going on?? If you that concern you should contact the D.A. in state captial and ask them. You knows as well since being here this long you need to do you homework as well we here to help not to do the foot work for you. You must also provide enough info for other to read over and know what to advise on.[/QUOTE]
OOps sorry.
The culprit is NIST (129.6.15.xx). Since when did a standard &Tech start harvesting personal information?

NIST, a major calibration facility that had to outsource to accredited facilities because of the enormous work load.
Guess NIST has changed gears to spy for the Gov or whomever.

I’m not sure what software their website is talking to on my computer. All I know NIST is now blocked.

Jeff

The Acronym “NIST” is “National Institute of Standards and Technology” formerly the “Bureau of Standards”

Did you have say for example “Atomic Clock” or any similar app installed on your computer? becuase if you did I’d bet the cost of a ram stick that it doesn’t work (or re-synchronize) anymore…

AD

Thanks for your reply.
Nist is all too familiar with me.
Retired now but I was an Engineer @ SLAC for many years. Radiation detection was my job.
I’m very familiar with NIST since SLAC at on time was accredited to calibrate Alpha/Beta/Gama and Neutron calibration of mostly hand held instruments.

Like other accredited nuclear facilities we helped to take the load off NIST by doing things in-house…

Trying to get over the shock factor.

After 911 the US will never be the same.:frowning:
Jeff