Sprint sucks

vbimport

Just when I thought all my problems with sprints slow speeds, horrible latency (800ms) was all over after cancelling them, but now the aholes are trying to bill me for a full month, even though I cancelled them mid month. They even told me when I called that they do that as a penalty for transferring to another company. Just say no to the sprint… I will never go back to them, nor will I ever recommend them under any circumstance…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2671553]Just when I thought all my problems with sprints slow speeds, horrible latency (800ms) was all over after cancelling them, but now the aholes are trying to bill me for a full month, even though I cancelled them mid month. They even told me when I called that they do that as a penalty for transferring to another company. Just say no to the sprint… I will never go back to them, nor will I ever recommend them under any circumstance…[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with them (Sprint) as well. Will never ever use them again. You are right just say no to sprint. And no, I did not pay them. And will not pay them period.

Mr. Bill :iagree:

The second best day of 2009 was when I signed up for Verizon and quit Sprint. The irony was that for the FIRST time in 3.5 years I got a service person on the phone at Sprint who was pleasant, spoke clear English, and seemed to know what they were doing. But after 2.5 years of daily dropped calls, shitty signal in areas that should have been covered, horrible customer service based outside of the US who used a playbook and didn’t know what to do if anything was asked outside of the normal questions I just couldn’t take it.

Sure Verizon may be a little bit more expensive but the call quality is excellent, they are honest about the signal strength, they adapted a speed 4G LTE service, and their customer service has been friendly and competent.

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2671569]The second best day of 2009 was when I signed up for Verizon and quit Sprint. The irony was that for the FIRST time in 3.5 years I got a service person on the phone at Sprint who was pleasant, spoke clear English, and seemed to know what they were doing. But after 2.5 years of daily dropped calls, shitty signal in areas that should have been covered, horrible customer service based outside of the US who used a playbook and didn’t know what to do if anything was asked outside of the normal questions I just couldn’t take it.

Sure Verizon may be a little bit more expensive but the call quality is excellent, they are honest about the signal strength, they adapted a speed 4G LTE service, and their customer service has been friendly and competent.[/QUOTE]

The company that I work for also dropped sprint for the same reasons, drop calls etc. Well over a few Million dollars contract. I would say they had over 1200 cell phones. They switched to Verizon as well.

Mr. Bill :clap:

Probably not worth your time or too late.
Tell Sprint that if you are to be billed for the whole month you expect service
for the entire month. That you expect to get what you pay for or will sue .

I still have Sprint but I only have a regular talk plan with them. I keep them around because they seem to offer me the best discount.

I canceled them about a week ago and got the same bull about billing me for the entire month. Funny, when they canceled my other account about 6 months ago, an air card, they dropped me mid month.

[QUOTE=felch;2671960]I canceled them about a week ago and got the same bull about billing me for the entire month. Funny, when they canceled my other account about 6 months ago, an air card, they dropped me mid month.[/QUOTE]

And since we have no background info…its all here say…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2671553]Just when I thought all my problems with sprints slow speeds, horrible latency (800ms) was all over after cancelling them, but now the aholes are trying to bill me for a full month, even though I cancelled them mid month. They even told me when I called that they do that as a penalty for transferring to another company. Just say no to the sprint… I will never go back to them, nor will I ever recommend them under any circumstance…[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt they charged you a whole month you probably already were into next month that why you were charged for and cancellation penalty for early termination is all written into the fine print we agree to or click without reading. This is what happens we people don’t read the fine print and then decide to leave and then call a company horrible but fail to notice they agreed to the policies and rules set by the company.

[QUOTE=Mr.Bill;2671572]The company that I work for also dropped sprint for the same reasons, drop calls etc. Well over a few Million dollars contract. I would say they had over 1200 cell phones. They switched to Verizon as well.

Mr. Bill :clap:[/QUOTE]

That’s sounds all good and all but where the info to backup that claim???

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2671920]I still have Sprint but I only have a regular talk plan with them. I keep them around because they seem to offer me the best discount.[/QUOTE]

Same here no big fan of Mobile but I have it to use…I was a user since the mid '90s when cell phone were just starting to the market for most to use and been with Sprint since that time. And yeap I experience dropped calls as well and location where there wasn’t signal or very weak to use. I highly doubt those on here talking about dropped calls have gone out the boonies and experienced dead or weak signals to really know how lucky they are to even have a Mobile device to use now days. I was around when the pay phone were here and I wonder who on here remember what those looked like. So for all those disgruntled users we should ask when you called customer service we you mannered or just asking for trouble? Your own attitude toward customer service tells them right off hand that your not worth their time and most likely you will do the same to the other Mobile carrier as well. That is human nature and you can deny all you want but it will come back. And as anything I tell people before signing a contract you should read the fine print to understand their rules and policies and contracts you agree to not what you like to agree to. They put those there for specific reasons and your leaving them is your own choice and you take a hit for it. Also as much as you leave others will sign onto their contracts. That a fact you leave another comes and sign in whether they stay or not would be up to them. It’s like we want and want but fail to know that not too long ago Mobile was something that didn’t even exist for the masses.

Didn’t know I’d rile up the fanboy.

Hey bud, I don’t give a damn if you believe me.

All carriers have dropped call areas.I hate cell phones. when my wife’s phone went out on her she went and got one of those smart phones and kept the same plan we have had for a long time. To make a long story short, she fiddled with the different junk that was on it and low and behold the first bill was over $400. Seems that she swished where she she shouldn’t have and used “The Net” and not just the phone only plan that we had. She got that straighten out and now has net capabilities and for only $5 extra got me a phone. I fine that it is so hard to SWISH wile driving just to answer the phone. It is almost imposable to SWISH through the phone book without it wanting to call a number that I had no intention of calling. I hate that damn thing and it’s Swishing. I don’t like being available 24/7. The only time I have it with me is when I leave the house in case I need to call 911 for me or someone else. OH YEAH with the “Net” our bill went from $47 a month (for just phone) to $147. Did I say I hate these things?

Yeah we are with Sprint.

It irks me how big business loves to screw over their fellow human beings. Exhorborant overage charges, excessive late fees, hidden surcharges. If another country treated us that bad, we would have declared war on them… the rich will keep getting richer while they find new ways to put the man down…

Love sprint love sprint love sprint Wait I am a retired sprint employe so maybe I do not count.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2673713]It irks me how big business loves to screw over their fellow human beings. Exhorborant overage charges, excessive late fees, hidden surcharges. If another country treated us that bad, we would have declared war on them… the rich will keep getting richer while they find new ways to put the man down…[/QUOTE]

Agreed it is frustrating. Cable/ISP/Cell Service rank among the worst in customer service and no one is doing anything about it. Why? Because they can get away with it. Especially in the area where you and I live. Goodness knows that Cable One and Centurylink have the ISP monopoly in this area (unless you want to subject yourself to the fickle nature of wireless).

What annoys me most is that there are no consumer protections built into the contracts you sign with cell companies. So they can get away with consistently crappy service, and yet you are penalized if you want to leave early.

The only time I"ve seen someone get out of their contract without penalty was when they repeatedly wrote letters to their service company complaining about the crappy quality of cell phone service.

[QUOTE=felch;2672024]Didn’t know I’d rile up the fanboy.

Hey bud, I don’t give a damn if you believe me.[/QUOTE]

hmm…wonder whom? But as anything your calls and how you act toward Customer Service will also determine their help as with anything and not giving specific areas or problems any mobile will drop or loose connection or slow down. We the consumer got scammed into believing they would increase our mobility but compared to other world our networking and mobile is almost dead last behind 3rd world countries. That should give you pause and think about the service from any mobile or ISP provides. South Korea for example internet is Fiber broadband across the Peninsula and the US a Developed nation can’t even get fiber to the boon docks? Just for example. Like I gave a damn about you vise versa if that line of fight is used. Like I said before show me the facts then if you got gripe you got a reason but just saying this and that and nothing to show for it is just that nothing…

[QUOTE=samlar;2673848]Love sprint love sprint love sprint Wait I am a retired sprint employe so maybe I do not count.[/QUOTE]

lmao… everyone is entitled to their opinions but as I stated giving us nothing to looks at or even begin to see what they are talking about is just hearsay and give nothing of substance to their problem. And plus being a problem customer is also a reason for them to terminate your plan as well.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2675139]Agreed it is frustrating. Cable/ISP/Cell Service rank among the worst in customer service and no one is doing anything about it. Why? Because they can get away with it. Especially in the area where you and I live. Goodness knows that Cable One and Centurylink have the ISP monopoly in this area (unless you want to subject yourself to the fickle nature of wireless).[/QUOTE]

They can it’s called Elections and kick out the BUMS that are in bed with the Corporations that only benefit their pockets and shafts the US consumers…that’s how you fix it…and get rid of tax shelters and patents and make all transactions and lobbying open to public scrutiny then we will have truly open government for the people by the people. That where the problem lies the elected officials are enriching their own pockets at the expense of the US consumers. They lied about making and getting the US broadband and yet all this talk and we have nothing to show for it?