Spring Break from EIDOS

Has anyone tried to make a 1:1 copy of the PC game Spring Break from EIDOS??? From what I understand this game is using the Securom NEW protection. I have a Plexwriter 8/20 and have never had a problem making a backup of a game until now, I use clone cd 3 for every game and they work perfect. I tried both Clone CD 3 and 4 and had no working results. I also downloaded the newest profiles that someone created for CCD4 and nothing. Aslo downloaded the newest version of Daemon Tools and that didn’t help either. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

hi I believe spring break is known in the uk as beachlife?
Is it about beach holidays?
If so I can confirm that this is a new version of securom newer than the old new securom . we are calling it securom 4 and as yet we have found no way to back a true 1:1 copy. no emulation works no variation in reading or burning will produce you a working copy believe me I have tried everything over the last few months this is one of a new breed of securom titles of which I have come across 6/8 others. At last other members on the forum are also coming across them and they too are coming to the same conclusions!
OLI help!!!

It is protected with the latest version of securom. See here

i have had success with burning The Thing…does that use the latest and troublesome secuROM???

its new but not new new ver 4 !!!

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
i have had success with burning The Thing…does that use the latest and troublesome secuROM???

I had no problems with that one either. It uses version #4.77.00.0029 which seems to be the last one that doesn’t install new registry entries under a SecuROM key and also the last version that can be copied successfully with existing software.

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom uses version #4.77.00.0050 and appears to be the first version that defies copying attempts. It’s also the only one so far released downunder using the latest version/s so it’s difficult for us to conduct any further tests.

In short, version #4.77.00.0029 or below: capable of being copied so long as your reader/writer combo handle sub-codes well. However, version #4.77.00.0050 or above: probably not able to be copied successfully (no reports to date of a successful copy on any forum of securom protected cd with that version or later).

how do i find out version numbers for secuROM??

Version number of SecuROM can be found after AddD string in the protected executable.

i could not find the addD string on the “the thing.exe”…???

do i have to use a hex editor???

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
[B]i could not find the addD string on the “the thing.exe”…???

do i have to use a hex editor???

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: [/B]

Yes (or a hex viewer).