Splitting DVD9 to 2Discs

One thing DVD2one cannot do is simply splitting a DVD to 2 Discs without applying any compression.
I have been told that this can be done with another (Freeware)-Tool. But with which one. And how?
Simply speaking: I have got a 160 Minutes Movie, would like to do a perfect 1:1 copy (just the movie!) and don´t care using 2 DVD-R´s for that. What is the easiest way?

:bow:

Dirk.

Originally posted by DLi
[B]One thing DVD2one cannot do is simply splitting a DVD to 2 Discs without applying any compression.
I have been told that this can be done with another (Freeware)-Tool. But with which one. And how?
Simply speaking: I have got a 160 Minutes Movie, would like to do a perfect 1:1 copy (just the movie!) and don´t care using 2 DVD-R´s for that. What is the easiest way?

:bow:

Dirk. [/B]

I use dvdsplit ,great program.

Where can we get a copy of DVDSplit?

Originally posted by CyberMM
Where can we get a copy of DVDSplit?

give me your email and i sent it .

As far as I understand DVDSplit needs the original DVD present. Is there any other way to first rip with DVD-Decrypter and then split the DVD from the files on the harddisk?

Dirk.

Originally posted by DLi
[B]As far as I understand DVDSplit needs the original DVD present. Is there any other way to first rip with DVD-Decrypter and then split the DVD from the files on the harddisk?

Dirk. [/B]

wel i dont know i first rip with dvddecrypter and then if i want 2 dvd’s DVDsplit this works 100%.

Mail to avv27@hetnet.nl and i send you dvd split.

I use IFOEDIT. After decrypting the movie, let’s say there are 6 VOB files.create a dir and move VOBs 4,5 and 6 into it. Look at both sets of VOBs and rename files so you end up with VTS_01_ 1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB in each folder.(2 sets of the same) open ifoedit click create ifos and point to one of your directorys, when done click ‘get VTS sectors’ and keep clicking yes. repeat for second directory. burn to disk

I was looking to do the reverse of this … i.e. I have Lord of The Rings 1 on 2 disks and want to put it onto one.

I assume if I put all decrypted files into a directory and rename them VTS_01.vob thru to VTS_07.vob, create new ifos, in Ifoedit and then run thru Dvd2one, I will be able to fit it all on 1 disk.

anyone see any snags with this ?

Thanx

Phil

Could i have the dvd split programm please…
I a trying to split a dvd9 movie with ifo edit, but when i try to burn the movie with nero it reports me with errors !
My email is toxotis70@hotmail.com
Thank you.

yeah it works

remember to ‘get VTS sectors’

Thanx m8 I will.

Can u remind me what that does again … was it to retain chapter markings ?

Phil

Originally posted by Phil Thomas
[B]I was looking to do the reverse of this … i.e. I have Lord of The Rings 1 on 2 disks and want to put it onto one.

I assume if I put all decrypted files into a directory and rename them VTS_01.vob thru to VTS_07.vob, create new ifos, in Ifoedit and then run thru Dvd2one, I will be able to fit it all on 1 disk.

Thanx

Phil [/B]

try this www,doom9.org

Originally posted by Phil Thomas
[B]I was looking to do the reverse of this … i.e. I have Lord of The Rings 1 on 2 disks and want to put it onto one.

Thanx

Phil [/B]

this site inc guides and software and a forum.
pay$5 and you know it all.
www.mpucoder.com

Another good program for DVD splitting is DVDToolbox.
http://www.plenert.net/DVDToolbox/DVDToolbox.exe

Many thanks to Artfark for sending me a copy of DVDSplit and the same to flouda for providing a link to DVD Toolbox.

After testing both, Ive come to the conclusion that DVD Toolbox is the superior utility. DVDSplit works almost identical to DVDXCopy. This means the extras in the menu dont work and if you click on them the program freezes. DVD Toolbox works more like DVD2one. You get the movie and it makes a nice clean cut to divide across two DVDs with no notice to insert the second disc. I did not try to include any extras so I don`t know what would happen if I did. I just know I can now take those mega large movies and keep every bit of detail by spreading them across two DVDs.

This is where DVD2one should be aiming when they decide to add this feature. Or, they can simply point us towards DVD Toolbox. This is a great program that anyone who can tolerate using two DVDs should have.

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dking1;390330]I use IFOEDIT. After decrypting the movie, let’s say there are 6 VOB files.create a dir and move VOBs 4,5 and 6 into it. Look at both sets of VOBs and rename files so you end up with VTS_01_ 1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB in each folder.(2 sets of the same) open ifoedit click create ifos and point to one of your directorys, when done click ‘get VTS sectors’ and keep clicking yes. repeat for second directory. burn to disk[/QUOTE]
I’ve tried this and the second disc won’t play on my set top box. It plays in PowerDVD. On my set top box it plays for about 3 seconds, then skips forward about 9 chapters (not the last chapter), plays about 3 seconds, then loops back to the original starting point. I can’t use the next button, pause doesn’t work, and if I try to FF the whole player freezes and I have to unplug it to get it to turn on again. It’s done this with the last two movies I’ve split like this.

How do I split DVD-9s so I can burn them onto two DVD-5s, but still recombine them later properly without any extra work?

Hi John_Qyoo_Public, you are quoting a 5 year old post. DVD2One has come along way since then. Have you tried the newest V2.14?