Splitting DivX and XviD movies

I have a few DivX and Xvid files that are over 1Gb in size, and was wondering what is the best program to split them so i can store hem on cds. I have used a couple before, but would like to know which program is able to handle bothe divx and xvid. Also, sometimes when i split the files, there is no audio?:confused: yet the video is perfect.

Which one is the BEST and most RELIABLE?

For DivX I always used Nandub for the job. Just load the total then select the 1st part and do something like save selection… and again with the 2nd part.
I has been asked before overhere.

Never tried it on XviD btw.

Yeah the prob is that i got a few large Xvid diles too and i need a program to split them up as well.

i used the virtual dub method, because tmpg didn’t work, and found out that the result file’s audio was out of sync. How should i fix that?

make sure you have video and audio set to direct stream copy.
it should only take about a minute to write the new files to the hard drive.

Originally posted by nismohks
i used the virtual dub method, because tmpg didn’t work, and found out that the result file’s audio was out of sync. How should i fix that?

Your divx/xvid is most likely to have vbr audio. Use nandub instead of virtual dub. Vdub can’t handle vbr audio.

Thanx a lot xox. i used nandub and everything thing went perfectly, with both DivX and Xvid!!:slight_smile: :bigsmile: :o :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Originally posted by nismohks
Thanx a lot xox. i used nandub and everything thing went perfectly, with both DivX and Xvid!!:slight_smile: :bigsmile: :o :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Nandub rulez, told ya! :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess i gota thank u too then wookie! THANX A LOT!!:bow: :bigsmile: