Spliting Audio file

I have several files (MP3,WAV etc) that are to large to fit onto a 80 min cd. Is there a method or software to split it or cut it down to 80 min? I do not want to use “overburn”. I have read the like qustion for video but did not see an answer. I am using Nero but I have most other software.

Thanks
Vic

Originally posted by vpurse
I have several files (MP3,WAV etc) that are to large to fit onto a 80 min cd. Is there a method or software to split it or cut it down to 80 min? I do not want to use “overburn”. I have read the like qustion for video but did not see an answer. I am using Nero but I have most other software.

Taken from Nero -> Help -> Help topics -> Index -> Splitting tracks :

"Splitting tracks
Very long audio tracks can be split so that specific passages within the track can be triggered directly and/or become a separate track in their own right Long audio tracks are created, for example, when copying from record to hard disk, and they can be split before they are burned.

Double click the required track in the audio compilation and click the Indexes, Limits, Split tab.
Select the position where you want to split the track.
Click the Split button.
Click OK to close the window and confirm that you really want to split the track.
Please also refer to the chapter: Burning audio files from your hard disk."

I think he means to actually edit the files to make them smaller and span them on multiple discs.

This can be done by various audio editing programs. I believe Cooledit is one of them. I know it has been discussed before…

Perhaps a search on ‘MP3 AND edit’ might help in this respect

Thanks gentlemen

The index and split method of Nero worked great.

Originally posted by vpurse

Thanks gentlemen

The index and split method of Nero worked great.

Just great ! :smiley: