Split TV series to DVD5?

I have a bunch of dual-layer (DVD9) tv series discs that I would like to split across 2 dvd+/-r discs. However, I’d like to accomplish all of the following:

1. No loss of quality or content on the split discs
  2. Complete episodes on each disc (ie Disc1 contains episode 1 and 2, while Disc 2 contains episode 3 and 4 of the original DVD9 disc)
  3. Maintain navigation menus on both DVD5 discs. In addition, can I somehow restrict the menus to only display and link to the related episodes on that disc.

Is there software that accomplishes all of the above and if so is there a guide that can help me through this.

Thanks in advance

Easiest way is to rip with DVD Shrink in Full Disc mode, replacing the eps you don’t want with still images (use a black image, it will make the replaced title very small). Then remove their buttons with Menuedit.

items 1 and 2 can be done with free programs like Vob Blanker, but DvdReMake is what you’re looking for if you want to be able to remove buttons from the menu for items that no longer exist.

Why not use Menuedit for that?

MenuEdit works fine too but is no longer being updated.

Well, as it does what it should I don’t need no update :wink:

PGCEdit is updated regularly and removes unwanted buttons. Used together with VobBlanker for removing episodes will work a charm. Both utilities are free to download.

TZ