Splintercell

I have just downloaded alcohol 120% and would like to know how to copy splintercell for the pc,ie,what settings do i use or not use?

use the safedisc 2 settings in alcohol 120 other than that it depends on your burner about what speed you can burn it at with a lite on 48246S I can read and burn at max spped making a backup of safedisc 2.8 games.

Since you have a Lite-On (as I read in another post of yours), you should disable Bypass EFM Error in the Safedisc 2 datatype settings.

Leaving this option enabled will only hurt your chances.

After disabling it, make your backup and then play it with “Ignore Media Type” enabled, or from a CD-Rom.

Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

Thanks alot guys,how do i ignore media type???

Just go into the options in Alcohol and then click on Emulation. You should see the option to enable it.

Just check the box and that’s it. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

so i need alcohol on my system to play copied games that i have copied using alcohol,i wanna give my little brother a copy of splintercell so is this the best software to use or will he need to install alcohol???

you need alcohol or another program that hieds atip only if you want to play the game from the burner, if you play from a CD/DVD-ROM, you don’t need it

will it play on any cd-rom,my little brother has a sony cdrw,should this work?

Nope. A CDRW drive can read ATIP information…a CD-Rom cannot.

~Hitman4life

So if i want to copy a game that has sd2 i can only play it with alcohol installed on the same machine???,what software can i use to copy the game that will play on any computer,ie, splintercell on a different computer without alcohol installed,or are there settings that you need to apply to alcohol so this is possible.basically i copied splintercell using alcohol 120% put the disc in my computer and it loaded,i unticked ignore media type and it wont load,so this will not work on another system unless they have alcohol installed,any way of getting round this???.

You can use a NoCd Patch for Splinter Cell. That would be an executable that modifies the EXE file so it doesn’t require the Play CD to be in the Drive. But be warned this method is not legal. (but well, since you have one license and two computers to play the game on… you’re making a fraud anyway)

war4peace please read to rulez. Do not post here somthing like cracks,warez … :cop: :cop: :cop:

Originally posted by legend_of_chaos
So if i want to copy a game that has sd2 i can only play it with alcohol installed on the same machine???,what software can i use to copy the game that will play on any computer,ie, splintercell on a different computer without alcohol installed,or are there settings that you need to apply to alcohol so this is possible.basically i copied splintercell using alcohol 120% put the disc in my computer and it loaded,i unticked ignore media type and it wont load,so this will not work on another system unless they have alcohol installed,any way of getting round this???.

The way around it without extra software is to use a normal CD-Rom.

ATIP information is already on blank CD-R/RW discs. When the protection checks for this, it won’t play the game.

Ignore Media Type hides the information, so the protection will execute the game.

Normal CD-Roms can’t read ATIP information, therefore games with an ATIP check will play from them just fine. :slight_smile:

I hope that answers your question. :wink:

~Hitman4life

Thanks alot for explaining guys,as i said i am new to this copying of cd’s so help is greatly appreciated…thanks again.

One more question,i downloaded the trial version of alcohol,will i still be able to play copied games when the software expires,ie 30 days evaluation period???