Splinter Cell (UK) backup

vbimport

For those of you interested:

Splinter Cell UK version backup made as follows:

Image files scanned with Alcohol 120% from Toshiba SD-M1612, using SafeDisk 2 standard settings (except for disk 3) incl. Max read speed. I know this is not required but it’s easy to do without any thought! Disks 1 & 2 burned on Lite-On 48125S CD-RW in DAO/SAO mode on TDK d-view 48X CD-Rs at max speed.

Disk 3 is Safedisk V2.80.11 protected. Disk read on Toshiba drive @ 24X and burned on Lite-On @ 24X on same TDK disks but in RAW DAO mode.

All backup disks install and the game runs with Disk 3 in Toshiba, Lit-On or Yamaha CRW-F1E drives. Hide CDR option selected in CloneCD. I’ve yet to try disk 3 in one of the burners with ‘hide CDR’ turned off. No noticeable delay between original disk or backup disk on game start.

So much for SafeDisk 2.8!

I have also burned disk 3 on the Yamaha drive @ 24X but with ‘bypass EFM error selected’ (or Amplify Weak Sectors for those who prefer the CloneCD terminology!?!!) and this too works just fine!

What was all the fuss about?

Happy copying to you all.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

COOL Nothing that i havent knew. :rolleyes: