Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow

vbimport

ViRuS2k

Now see if you can run the copy from one of your burners.

You can use Daemon Tools to hide the ATIP.

I think you’ll be hard pressed to run the copy in anything else but your 166S drive…

The Liteon 52327S WON’T make a reliable backup, it only works because the 166S drive is very forgiving!

Originally posted by Jackass
[B]ViRuS2k

Now see if you can run the copy from one of your burners.

You can use Daemon Tools to hide the ATIP.

I think you’ll be hard pressed to run the copy in anything else but your 166S drive…

The Liteon 52327S WON’T make a reliable backup, it only works because the 166S drive is very forgiving! [/B]

if the game works from the backup correctly without emulation in my 166s dvdrom then it does not realy matter to me if it wont work in other drives as its a safety backup so my original wont get scratched :slight_smile: thats the only reason i did it in the first place so if it works for me why change it and mess with it.

i will give it a shot just outa curiosity i will post back soon if it works in my liteon 52x drive.

i will also test it in my new Nec 2500A 8x DVDRW aswell.

you are correct does not work in my

Liteon 52327S Drive
or
Nec 2500A 8x DVDRW Drive.

does work and very fast indeed about 5 seconds for dvdrom liteon 166-S

i will try some other ways or know how tommorow.
also will try slower read/burn speed as i did burn and read at about 24-32x for this backup. :bigsmile:

I made a copy of the Play Disc (disc 3) using the Safedisk 2/3 profile in Alcohol 120%. The copy works fine without any emulation in my Pioneer DVD-120 but like Virus2k doesn’t work at all with or without emulation in my liteon 52327s

just thought id put in my 2 cents worth

by the way when i tested my burners with playdisk CD3.

i didnt hide the ATIP at all on those drives.

i will do further testing and get back to you all very soon.

:bigsmile:

Hi, I have just bought SCPD and am trying to back up my purchase…I am confused!

I want to make back ups of all 4 discs, I have just tried to do this using Blindwrite and have made a complete balls up of it!!!

Please could someone tell me what programme to use to make a proper back up… I am quite new to PC’s as have been using Macs for ages…I know that people are always asking the same question, bit I really am stuck!

Should I use Blindwrite? and how do I do this???

Thanks in advance!

Alan.

Does anyone know if the “enhance weak sectors” option on blindwrite 4/5 is necessary for backing up the latest safedisc protections with a lite-on cd-rw?

I know that traditionally this has not been required but with all these new weak sector patterns “on the loose” has anyone found any benefit (or degredation) in copies made with a lite-on and the weak sector option switched on?

Seeing as SD2/3 has weak sectors natively, it is a very good idea to get them corrected.

Yes, it is very wise to switch this option on. As i found out in Far Cry Disk 1, you need to have that option switched on to fixed up the SafeDisk v3.2 secotrs (there are 584 i think)
But all my testing has shown that switching this option on is most helpful