Splinter Cell (german) strange SD 2.8XX?

hi there ,

problem:

• tried to copy Splinter Cell (german) with CCD 4XXXX
  • reading cds = no problem … (3rd cd includes typical SD 2.8XXXX characteristics)
  • up to this point of time nothing unnormal
  • burned files with typical settings … only close last session… nothing else
  • i`m able to install the game …

BUT

after installation the game doesn`t start …
then i tried hide-cdr-media and it worked … ???

what for i have to activate hide-cdr-media…

its the first SD 2.8 protected, which doesn`t work …
something special ???
i also tried different speed settings of writing …

You are running game from burner and it detecte that cd is burned. when you enable emulation it will look like it is original cd. try to run game from normal cd-rom.

no sorry that`s not the problem …

ì knowabout the standart operation of hide-cdr-media … in connection with burn-hardware …

but in fact i tried to run the game from my dvd-rom … not from my bruner …

It’s a bug/peculiarity with ccd. It’s not all that reliable with sd 2.8x. I have exactly the same problem if I use ccd to copy sd 2.8 cds both with my Lite-on Ltr-24102b and my Asus CRW-5224A.

The copy will only run from dvd (which can’t read an atip) if hide cdr media is enabled.

but i thought .-… hide-cdr-media is only for use with cd-burners…

why i have to use it now also with my dvd-rom , and especialy for the first time ,.,.

??? :eek: :confused:

Originally posted by [M@steRW!z@rD]
but i thought .-… hide-cdr-media is only for use with cd-burners…
It was up until the latest version of Clone CD. The CCD tray also doubles up as an emulation utility.

With the profile shown below, which is basically “Ignore”, all my ASUS, Toshiba and Lite-On burners can defeat SD2.80.010 (Unleashed). I think the CloneCD Virtual Drive is responsible for many problems and I don’t recommend it’s drivers going anywhere near iosubsys or system32. I have deleted the drivers and have had no problem since. However my Acer 1610 will not do it with AWS. SD2 with ignore is for two-sheep burners. I think if the VD is left right out (which was my soccer position) then the sd2 killers will do it in Clone. If an SD2 killer can’t do it, uninstall, rebbot, reinstall until they can

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=0
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0

“AlwaysCloseLastSession=0” ???

what`s this all about …

ACLS = inactiv ???
why i thought better copy , when selected …

=confused= :rolleyes:

Originally posted by [M@steRW!z@rD]
ACLS = inactiv ???
why i thought better copy , when selected …

read what the option says: always close last session: when you write an image of a normal game or whatever, it will already have closed sessions (and thus the image will also be writting with closed sessions). The option is only needed when writing an image of an open session (which is rare).

is there a known way … with which im able to check, if its closed or opened ???

is it bad to select this option in a case of an already closed session ???

Quoting from Olli:

Originally posted by Olli
[B]The option isn’t called “Close Last Session”, it is called “Always close last session” (regardless, if it was open or not).

How about clicking the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON and for heaven’s sake READ WHAT IT SAYS:

If you copy a CD which has the last session closed, it will always be closed, regardless of this setting… [/B]
Almost all CDs have a closed session) so the option isn’t needed. All game CDs are closed for example and no, it can’t hurt to leave ACLS enabled.

THX a lot …:slight_smile:

I used the latest version of CloneCD to copy Splinter Cell with no AWS with my BenQ 4816P many people say BenQ drives are crap, but this one is a two sheep burner since I copied GTA3, BF 1942, and Splinter Cell, and all have worked on my Plextor burner and nec burner and Toshiba XM6702B 48x reader with no problems…

Originally posted by Banko
I used the latest version of CloneCD to copy Splinter Cell with no AWS with my BenQ 4816P many people say BenQ drives are crap, but this one is a two sheep burner since I copied GTA3, BF 1942, and Splinter Cell, and all have worked on my Plextor burner and nec burner and Toshiba XM6702B 48x reader with no problems…
Nice to know :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Banko

do you have enabled “hide cdr media” ???
if you have… try to uncheck it an play your games again. special splinter cell.

When I used the Toshiba reader no i didn’t need hide cd-r media but for the dvd burner, plextor burner, and my benq burner i needed it

my back up copy of splinter cell made with a lite on 48246S reader Toshiba 1612 ,clone CD profile safedisk 2+ no AWS will play without emulation from two diff toshiba 1612’s and one 1502. but nothing else. the back up I made using alcohol 120% plays in anything with no emulation.