SPLINTER CELL and the lastest patch (SD 2.90)!

vbimport

I copied Splinter Cell with Alcohol 1.4.1 (Built 221) and the copy worked both in my Pioneer DVD 106S and my Plextor 24/10/40 (with “ignore CDR type” enabled)! I have upgraded the game with the lastest patch (1.02) and the copy won’t autenticate anymore from the burner (the only between my two drives that can read pregap) so i think they changed something in the pregap data check that can beat Alcohol’s pregap emulation! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Use last version Alcohol 1.4.3.410 it will work because Alcohol was blacklisted by SafeDisk 2.90. it is fixed now.

the back up copy I made with the previous version of alcohol 120 still works fine in my DVD roms even after installing the 1.2 patch.

@ iss - odd … i tried the update but came up with an error: incorrect version number …

Originally posted by iss
the back up copy I made with the previous version of alcohol 120 still works fine in my DVD roms even after installing the 1.2 patch.

iss you have to try to launch the game in a drive that can read pregap data!
DVD Rom units can’t read pregap!

Ciao Venturer,

It think that safedisc 2.9 neutralized Hide cdr-media of clonecd and alcohol infact after applying 1.2 patch it doesn’t work in the burner; but with latest version of Alcohol everything is ok… now it would be interesting to know what are the differences between Alcohol releases(only fixed the blacklist of Hide cdrmedia or everything else:) Anyway after applying the patch cdcheck on my dvdrom is very long and annoying.
Greetings.

ok I stuck the back up copy made with the older version of alcohol in the lite on 48246S and sure enough the screen came up but soon as I clicked play splinter cell nothing happened. I had not checked this before since I never play games in my burners.

later I will make another back up fromthe retail discs and see if the new copy of alcohol handles it playing from the burner.