Spinning figure: Are you left-brained, or right-brained?

Or do you have any brain at all? :slight_smile:

This link goes to a page with a spinning dancer. If you are right brain dominant it spins clockwise, counterclockwise if you are left brain dominant.

I’ve always thought of myself as left brain dominant—analytical rather than artistic, but for the life of me, I cannot get the figure to spin any direction other than clockwise. Maybe I just use twisted logic.

Lots of people over at Ars Techinca report that they can get the figure to spin both ways…best I can do is slow her down.

So, are you a leftie or a rightie?

LOL, ditto :slight_smile:

Goes both ways for me and my wife Kerry :iagree:

I mostly see it spinning clockwise but periodically can see it spinning counter clockwise. I guess I am more right brained.

I see both ways… counter clock wise first then clock wise. But for it to change direction, I have to take my eyes off of her.

Clockwise if I don’t concentrate… otherwise I can make her spin one way then the other pretty much at will. Does this mean I have more people living in my head than you all do? :doh:

For just an instant when I scrolled down to Gary D’s post I saw her going counterclockwise. Can’t seem to do it again though. Weird.

It means your brain is scrambled. :wink:

CounterClockwise for me.

It gets faster the more I look at it. :eek:

The same for me :eek:

That is weird :eek:
First it was anti-clockwise for ages, and I thought it was a bit of a con - just depended when you clicked on the page.
But… I went and got husband to look at it - then it was going clockwise and speeding up and slowing down. Meanwhile husband was seeing it go the other way while we were both looking at it.

Odd…

Apparently I am schizophrenic or something :eek:

I think that the real schizophrenic is the one who invented that test :stuck_out_tongue:

Clockwise

(Yet the article says most should see her moving anti-clockwise! Strange. Anyway, she is making me dizzy…she must be dizzy by now too, so I think we should lie down for a bit and discuss it again during breakfast)

:stuck_out_tongue:

anti-clockwise…where’s Wallace? I say it’s counter clockwise :iagree:

I don’t know…is the clock facing up from the floor, or down from the ceiling?

If it’s on the floor, then clockwise. I can only get it to reverse direction by focusing on the weight bearing foot.

she keeps turing counter clockwise for me…:frowning: what does that mean

I can see both ways.

[B]LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS[/B]

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

[B]RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS[/B]

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can “get it” (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

:cool: :cool:

Although “schizophrenia” does litteraly mean “split mind” in Greek, it is far from that. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Only see her moving clockwise. Not a single time she dances anti-clockwise.

clockwise for me too, but if I look at something else on the page but keep it in the corner of my eye she will change to counter clockwise