Spilt problem

vbimport

hi,
i have a problem with dvdfab platinum v5.0.0.0, it isnt able to split any dvd.
with old version 4.2.1.0 all its ok!
you know this problem?

thanks

Update to version 5.0.1.2 and give it a try.

I just tried it out, 5.0.1.2 gives me an “error=300” on three different movies when I try to split them.

i have the same problem with new beta versio 5.0.1.2:
an error message " task_1 faile error = 300
same problem fot all dvd !!

best regards

[quote=umes2000;2052263]i have the same problem with new beta versio 5.0.1.2:
an error message " task_1 faile error = 300
same problem fot all dvd !!

best regards[/quote]Error 300 means DVDFab could not find the expected CGP file in the correct location or it was somehow corrupted. If you still have v4 installed, copy all the contents of the v4 CGP folder in Program Files to the CGP folder for v5. You could also try changing the CGP to “Black Screen” in Common Settings->Split. Try this and report back, success or failure. Hope it works.

hi,
1- CGP V4—>CGP V5 = Failure

2-Black screen only = Failure

1+2 = Failure

I see the version 5.0.0.2 is out ???

i’ll see you later

hi, (suite of previous message),
i think that the problem is real, because i try to watch the splitted movie and all chapters are mixed between disc1 and disc2 and the movie have the same duration on all 2 disc but not the same size !!
thanks

hi,
with the version 5.0.1.0, i have the same problem, error 300 !!
thanks

[quote=umes2000;2052576]hi,
with the version 5.0.1.0, i have the same problem, error 300 !!
thanks[/quote]Hi umes
You still are not using the latest version which is 5.0.1.[B]2[/B]. Download it from [B]this link[/B]. I hope that will fix it, try it and tell us how it works.

hi, thank you for answare,

but my problem start with version 5.0.1.2 ( please see my 1st post)
and mr Pianoman has the same problem ( see his post)

thanks

it reaches 100% now, but still I get the error…

hi pianoman,

i’m waitin for a new correct version because your new beta 5.0.1.5
it seems are no good.
good night

I have noticed that Customize Split keeps running after the bar reaches 100%. If you let it keep running (in this mode at least) it will finish the job with perfect output. I have not tried regular Split yet but it may be the same thing. Try just letting it run for about the length of time shown as Task Time Elapsed when the bar reached 100%. I have reported this to Fengtao.

This is the exect problem why I am in here…

First I thought my burner was going bad, because I never had problems with a split before…

[quote=flopguy;2053022]This is the exect problem why I am in here…

First I thought my burner was going bad, because I never had problems with a split before…[/quote]Hi flopguy. The test I made was writing to HDD folders, not discs. Discs may not work no matter how long you let it run or they may work fine, I have not tried it. You could always write to folders, then burn the folders one at a time using the Write Data mode until a fix comes out.

[QUOTE=signals;2053030]Hi flopguy. The test I made was writing to HDD folders, not discs. Discs may not work no matter how long you let it run or they may work fine, I have not tried it. You could always write to folders, then burn the folders one at a time using the Write Data mode until a fix comes out.[/QUOTE]

I will try the HDD as you say. I hope that can work.

Yea I tried split on 4.1.2.0 and it says “sucessful”, but I keep getting coasters.

I tried 5.0.1.5 and it fails during the rip error 300 or it says “sucessful” , but coaster.

I tried 2 diff types of media. Both, I have used for years. My burner and computer are the same. I always had very good success. Very rare if I got a coaster.

I am surprised that this error made it from ver 4 to ver 5

Thanks for the suggestion!!!:slight_smile:

Hope it works for you, please post results.

Results:

5.0.1.5 failed again error 300

4.1.2.0 Ran sucessful, but when I used it to go to HDD to burn to DVD. It just hung there. I pushed start and nothing happen.
As I type this I wonder if did it right. I was still under split when I when back to grab disk1. Maybe I should have used a single disk option. I have to play with it somemore, but I am not home now.

Try using the Write Data mode to burn the ones you have copied to the hard drive.

Add me to the failed split list. Just tried to split Over Her Dead Body with 5.0.1.5 - task 1 failed - error 300.