Spiderman

vbimport

I just downloaded the Eval version of CloneDVD, I already have DVD Xcopy and DVD Xcopy Express.

I put in Spiderman and it says it refuses to copy it because of copy protection?

What is this software good for if it won’t backup movies?

Matt

use dvd decrypter to Copy the movie to hdd befour you use cloneDVD to transcode.

cloneDVD will not rip CSS protected movies.

at the minute i think your best bet it DVD2ONE 1.20 clonedvd is to new at this stage there are slight problems with the engine.

Why do all that, when you can just use DVD Xcopy or Xpress? I’m not trying to be a smart a** or anything, but seems like a lot of work when you can just do it all in 2 clicks with Xcopy.

321 Studios, the company behind DVDX Copy and DVDX Copy Express, are currently in legal battle with MPAA over the issue of being able to backup DVDs.

Also go read about the MPAA vs. DECSS… I think it is appealed now and they are still going after that kid, even though he ad won.

Other programs do not want to take the risk of decrypting the DVD. Making a program that just transcodes is not illegal.

You can use free DVD ripping programs, like DVD Decrypter which are available for download.

DVDShrink is free, and decrypts the DVD, but I wonder how long before MPAA goes after them. I guess it depends on the country of origin. If you are in USA then you have the DMCA to deal with.

You don’t use DXC because they are a bunch of money hungry jackasses whom pretend they care for the consumers be are not. They did a preemptive sue on the major studios for publicity stunt and to drag the legal case long (the legal system in the US as you know is very very very slow 'cause all the judges are 80 years old and had to take pee break every 15 min), so they can be known by J6Ps (who will happily snatch the software up for $99 a pop) and sell more of their crappy software.

I for one choose to the alternate path of DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and Nero, which are all free (Nero comes w/ all Lite-On CDRW).

Once they lose their sorry ass legal battle, they’ll pull out and consumers who are always calling up customer service/support for tiny problems will have nothing to fall on.

I see your point, but I just don’t want to spend the time doing all those steps. I just don’t have the time. Let alone, people who are not that computer savvy trying to do it. They’d get lost probably and need to be led by the hand through everything.

I would love to see somebody like a Nero or somebody else make something that would do what DXC does, sell it for a fraction of the DXC cost, and then we could support people worth supporting.

Originally posted by diablo-26
[B]I see your point, but I just don’t want to spend the time doing all those steps. I just don’t have the time. Let alone, people who are not that computer savvy trying to do it. They’d get lost probably and need to be led by the hand through everything.

I would love to see somebody like a Nero or somebody else make something that would do what DXC does, sell it for a fraction of the DXC cost, and then we could support people worth supporting. [/B]

If you want it easy just use these 3 programs.

Copy2DVD v2.2
DVD2ONE V1.20
DVDdecrypter.

3 easy steps.

I think Olli has said that eventually CloneDVD will do what you want, just not in the way you think. Or something. :wink:

• Gurm