Spideman 3 RPC1 problems

This is not a DVDFab question. I am in USA and have recently exchanged two DVD’s of Spiderman 3, not blue ray, because they choke on all of my DVD players. Both choked, stuttered, etc., at the same spot like a defect. When searching I found there were problems with the blueray version and the makers of the DVD made owners update their firmware to play the new coding on the disk.

Anyone in RPC1 having issues with Spiderman 3 DVD choking, stuttering, etc. at the layer break?

Do you mean while playing in the dvd player before burn or after you burnt it? Also are you using clone, full disk or movie only mode, as I have burnt this title in the movie only mode (dvd-5) and it came out great

Sorry I didn’t use a DL disk so if you did I couldn’t help ya

[quote=jsmiddleton4;1930504]This is not a DVDFab question. I am in USA and have recently exchanged two DVD’s of Spiderman 3, not blue ray, because they choke on all of my DVD players. Both choked, stuttered, etc., at the same spot like a defect. When searching I found there were problems with the blueray version and the makers of the DVD made owners update their firmware to play the new coding on the disk.

Anyone in RPC1 having issues with Spiderman 3 DVD choking, stuttering, etc. at the layer break?[/quote]Jim
Give me the approximate playing time this happens and I will check my copy in my standalone.

Thanks for your help. Its not my copy, its the original. I can’t make a copy. I’ve found a couple of odd posts here and there about problems with pressings. Nothing specific. However for the blueray disk there is stuff about a big bubble in the pressing. Looks like some poor quality management on Sony’s part.

I can’t give you the time as I don’t have the disk. Wife taking this second one back to Circuit City at lunch. But I can tell you where it happened on both. It is where Spider Man is the “bad” boy Spider man, is booping like an idiot down the street, and the papers had just hit the stands with what we find out is a fake picture of him in the black bad boy suit. It is just before he goes to confront the “That 70’s” dude in the news paper office. There’s a black dude looking at the news paper pictures. Its a way in to the movie and possible not at the layer change. All of my DVD players including computer players choke at this same spot. All other DVD’s I tried play fine.

It is at the beginning of that chapter, like 36?

DVDFab stops with “can’t read the disk, lots of errors, etc., ignore-retry-etc” message.

Jim just have your wife get the money back as it seems like CC just got a bad batch and you might get another bad one, so I would get the money back and buy it some place else, Sorry this is happening as that is a good movie

[quote=jsmiddleton4;1930779]Thanks for your help. Its not my copy, its the original. I can’t make a copy. I’ve found a couple of odd posts here and there about problems with pressings. Nothing specific. However for the blueray disk there is stuff about a big bubble in the pressing. Looks like some poor quality management on Sony’s part.

I can’t give you the time as I don’t have the disk. Wife taking this second one back to Circuit City at lunch. But I can tell you where it happened on both. It is where Spider Man is the “bad” boy Spider man, is booping like an idiot down the street, and the papers had just hit the stands with what we find out is a fake picture of him in the black bad boy suit. It is just before he goes to confront the “That 70’s” dude in the news paper office. There’s a black dude looking at the news paper pictures. Its a way in to the movie and possible not at the layer change. All of my DVD players including computer players choke at this same spot. All other DVD’s I tried play fine.

It is at the beginning of that chapter, like 36?

DVDFab stops with “can’t read the disk, lots of errors, etc., ignore-retry-etc” message.[/quote]Confusing semantics. I meant my original copy of that title. I will see if I can get a hall pass from my wife to access the standalone in the living room.:rolleyes:

I think Jimbo is right, must be a bad batch. Mine plays fine on standalone and PC chapter 35 through 37, all through the scene you mentioned. No gurgles, grinding, etc. Got it at BestBuy. BTW, they have Verb DVD5 50 packs on sale for 12.99 this week.

[QUOTE=signals;1931035]I think Jimbo is right, must be a bad batch. Mine plays fine on standalone and PC chapter 35 through 37, all through the scene you mentioned. No gurgles, grinding, etc. Got it at BestBuy. BTW, they have Verb DVD5 50 packs on sale for 12.99 this week.[/QUOTE]

Will get it back to Circuit City tomorrow. If they have a bad batch I will not be the only one. The disk did have a little goober in the plastic. Tried carefully cleaning it thinking it was just surface garbage. It isn’t.

While it seems like an odd thing to wish on others I hope others have had problems so it won’t be an issue at Circuit City.

Jim