Speed vs Time Burning

Hi

When burning PRINCO DVD-R 4X with NERO 6.3, it select the writing spedd at 4X. But it takes 1 hour to burn.

Hi Burned the same files with VERBATIM DVD-RW 2X in half time than the PRINCO ???

USING:
TOSHIBA DVD RECORDER SD-R5112
AMD1800
512RAM
XP + SERVICE PACK + hotfixes

Ti-Cook welcome :slight_smile:

Well thats because it doesnt write @4x when you use the Princo’s but at 1x. Nero does not report the actual writing speed but the speed setting you have selected.

The Toshiba drive doesnt like the Princo media you are using, obviously. Stick with good quality media that are written @4x and try a firmware update for your drive .

I havethe same toshiba and amd 2500 with 512 , I am using the dvdxplat. and it takes about 30 minutes in total read and burn, I did find that with the cheap media I used first off that it took a long time 1 hr and more . went to maxell and cut it down to 30 or less. Now i have memorex and it is about 30 min. I made quite a few coasters , also i have been looking for update on firmware for that tosh. ,but I don’t seemto see any, any luck on your side.

Thanks guys.

I finally found that the TOSHIBA doesn’t like PRINCO DVD-R.

I bought Verbatim DataLifePlus 4X shiny surface. It burn @ 4X and take less than 20 min. to burn an entire DVD.

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Ti-Cook
[B]Thanks guys.

I finally found that the TOSHIBA doesn’t like PRINCO DVD-R.

I bought Verbatim DataLifePlus 4X shiny surface. It burn @ 4X and take less than 20 min. to burn an entire DVD.

:slight_smile: [/B]
Actually it should take 14:57sec exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice to know you finally figured it out

Originally posted by yappypappy
I havethe same toshiba and amd 2500 with 512 , I am using the dvdxplat. and it takes about 30 minutes in total read and burn, I did find that with the cheap media I used first off that it took a long time 1 hr and more . went to maxell and cut it down to 30 or less. Now i have memorex and it is about 30 min. I made quite a few coasters , also i have been looking for update on firmware for that tosh. ,but I don’t seemto see any, any luck on your side.
As i said it should take aound 15min to write x4. Its most likely a media issue as you have pinpointed your self.

A firmware update will most probably help with media compatability. The drive is usually shipped with 1031fw, currently there is version 1033 available.

First you’ll have to check with DiscInfo which drive revision you have (A or B). Then get the corresponding firmware from here

Times to burn the disc (transcoding is a different story):

8x = 8 minutes
4x = 15 minutes
2x = 30 minutes
1x = 60 minutes
(approx times)