Speed up vista 64bit?

how can I make vista 64bit work better/faster, since reinstaling vista 64 bit,due to faults picked up by virus, it seems slower than before, thanks to anyone with any help.

A virus can cause lots of things, slowing down a system being the most common effect. You should focus on removing the virus instead of trying in vain to speed up the OS.

Any info on the virus?

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2272206]A virus can cause lots of things, slowing down a system being the most common effect. You should focus on removing the virus instead of trying in vain to speed up the OS.

Any info on the virus?[/QUOTE]
read the message AFTER REINSTALING it says

I know this isn’t a popular concensus, but if I get a bad virus, I always do a low level format, I feel its the only real way to know its gone. Even a backup image might have the virus if you dont know exactly when you got it. I would much rather have to spend a few hours reloading my software than not knowing if a keylogger or some other type of infection is on my rig.

Check out Black Viper.com This will help you disable some of the unnecessary services and may speed things up. I disabled Prefetch and i noticed things sped up as well.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2272250]I know this isn’t a popular concensus, but if I get a bad virus, I always do a low level format, I feel its the only real way to know its gone. [/QUOTE]:iagree:

[I]“The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild”[/I]
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

Michael