Speed up transfer rate on nslu2?

[qanda]This thread is about the Linksys Network Storage Link for USB 2.0 Disk Drives. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,I recently got a Linsky nslu2 and attached 2 maxtor drives one is 500gb and the other is 1tb,and as everone knows who has one that it has a painfully slow transfer rate,but i came across a post where this guy said if you connect the nslu2 to a linsky 5 port ethernet switch it will speed it up to 3mins for 1gb.So i got the the linsky 5 port ezxs55w and a new gigabit ethernet card pci card set it all up and the transfer rate is exactly the same as it was before(painfully slow).On the 5 port the ful/col is solid orange,swapped cables around but can’t get it to show green also the new ethernet card has two led’s and only one shows green.I have the bt white hub option 3.Also i went into network adaptor and tried setting the speed duplex from auto negotiate to 1gb and got the blue screen of death to scared to try it again.Would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me what i’m doing wrong.:sad: