Speed limit on Liteon Lh-20A1S

vbimport

Hi, got a new Liteon LH-20A1S burner. Unable to see 20x speed setting on Nero 7. Checked my DMA settings, appears normal( everything is set to DMA enabled). Also, using CD-Speed 4.7.7.0. Unable to use the advance disc quality scan. Got an error message indicating (No additional sense information 053006). Does this Liteon have the ability to use this scan feature.
thanks

Most probably the media you are using doesn’t supported at 20X on this burner. Get Verbatim 16X +R media and you will be happy. I said +R because this drive mostly burn +R better than -R. :wink:

Oh yea, forgot to add that you can use CodeKing’s EOS firmware and enable OverSpeed Writing with SmartBurn. Then you can burn other 16X media at 18X and 20X too!

I’m using Verbatim 16x MC004 exclusively. They can be written in 20x on my Sammy 203B. Why would I need overspeed writing if the Liteon is rated for 20x and the media is capable of 20x. I want to know if there is a problem with my burner or the Verbatim media is not capable of 20x in this Liteon burner.

Technically I don’t think Verbatim claims their DVD media is capable of being burned at 20x. But most MCC 004 media I’ve used is burned best at 12x no matter what speed it can be forced to. When it comes to a contest between speed and quality, I’ll take quality any day. :iagree:

[QUOTE=prim8e;2013465]Hi, got a new Liteon LH-20A1S burner. Unable to see 20x speed setting on Nero 7. Checked my DMA settings, appears normal( everything is set to DMA enabled). Also, using CD-Speed 4.7.7.0. Unable to use the advance disc quality scan. Got an error message indicating (No additional sense information 053006). Does this Liteon have the ability to use this scan feature.
thanks[/QUOTE]

Older Benq models can use the advanced disc quality. Use better media.