Speed issue

vbimport

Anyway I can slow down the read speed on Alcy when reading a DVD to an image.

Reason I ask is because any DVD image I seem to make on the latest version fails when I try to read it back on the V/drive.

So… anyway peeps ?
TIA…

bump…

anyone ?

I don’t understand what you are saying. the only question you have asked is

So… anyway peeps ?

Please reask your question in a way we can understand and you might get more luck with a response.

Asking a question

List the following

1. Name/title of the CD you are trying to backup
  2. Name of the Backup application and its version
  3. Operating System and Service Pack number
  4. Is DMA enabled
  5. RAID configuration
  6. IDE Adaptors used
  7. IDE #0 and #1 master/slave configuration
  8. Brand, model and Firmware Revision of optical devices (your ‘ROMs and burners)
  9. USB and FireWire devices
  10. SCSI devices
  11. Adaptec ASPI version (this doesn’t mean you have to install it!)
  12. List your other burning apps and their version
  13. What is the exact nature of the problem – BSOD, reboot, backup doesn’t work, failed to burn, can’t image, needs emulation, can’t find a drive/not recognised, slow reading/writing, program hangs/freezes
  14. Have you tried different media?
  15. What does the manufacturer recommend?

Think about what you may have changed recently on your system. Did you install something else? Change a setting? Use a Registry Tweaker? Flaky hardware? Does the original CD work? Is it uncopyable? If nothing helps, please do a simple test … select all files on the source media, copy and paste them to your hard drive, if you have an error during the process, it means your system is unstable or your optical unit is unable to read this CD for some reason.

Ill try and make it a bit more clear…

Anyway I can slow down the read speed on Alcy when reading a DVD to an image.

In other words… can i slow down the read speed, when reading a dvd to an image file.

or… when reading an image, is there anyway I can slow this process down for dvd’s

Maybe you should read the very top of this thread. I would of thought the question was easy to understand. Obviously I was wrong. :wink:

NO!!

What are you trying to copy?

I would of thought the question was easy to understand. Obviously I was wrong

Yes you are wrong because how many people actually replied? exactly!!!

P.S btw do you know how to use a ?

Why dont you try reading before posting. It do’s not matter what I am trying to copy, I already stated that I am just trying to make an image of a DVD. You did somehow manage to answer my question thou. So yeah, thanx for that.

You can use Nero DriveSpeed to set the speed (after disc is inserted).