Speed Control function on the LiteON 811S

I used to own a Liteon 481225W CD Writer, which I replaced with a 811S, and an ASUS 52x CD-ROM I replaced with an ASUS 16X DVD-ROM ! Before I used to be able to use Nero DriveSpeed and adjust the top speed with a menu, and in an audio ripper change different ripping speeds.

Now I notice that the 811S does not support maximum read speed change, it seems to be locked, is there a solution to this ?

This was practical for times when the CD-ROM would attempt to spin at maximum speed an inserted CD and then lower, then speed-up then spin-down type of effect, so by lowering it to 32x or lower it would remain stable. Unfortunately it’s not possible on the 811S, anybody here knows whether the 811S supports speed change or if it’s locked to its specs.

Thanks.

not completely sure but it may be because of the different mediatek chipset. went to the webiste here

and it says: Important: the number of speed settings depend on the brand/model/firmware version of the drive. With some drives it is impossible to change the speed by software.

apparently this is one of those drives.

sorry.

You could try CD-Bremse. Get it at www.cd-bremse.de

Originally posted by cnlson
[B]not completely sure but it may be because of the different mediatek chipset. went to the webiste here

and it says: Important: the number of speed settings depend on the brand/model/firmware version of the drive. With some drives it is impossible to change the speed by software.

apparently this is one of those drives.

sorry. [/B]

That is linked with why Nero doesn’t officially support the 411/451/811/851 drives. :sad:

@cnlson: Thanks for the info I figured it was a chipset related issue.

@easy-going-man: Thanks but I don’t read German :slight_smile:

@Ssseth: I use NERO 6.3.0.2 and it does see my 811, and I have no problem at all selecting burning speeds

Originally posted by Rimmer66

@easy-going-man: Thanks but I don’t read German :slight_smile:

Hey man … give it a try, it’s easy to use since there are only 3 or 4 options … and think about the poor germans (like me) that have to get themselves acquainted with english software all the time … :bigsmile:

Nero DriveSpeed works pretty well for me … :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Rimmer66
@Ssseth: I use NERO 6.3.0.2 and it does see my 811, and I have no problem at all selecting burning speeds

I didn’t say Nero wouldn’t work, I just said that’s probably why it isn’t on Nero’s ‘offically supported’ drives list.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
You could try CD-Bremse. Get it at www.cd-bremse.de

it works intermittantly the first time after starting it will work but if you change settings you have to restart the program or it will not work.

Originally posted by Ssseth
I didn’t say Nero wouldn’t work, I just said that’s probably why it isn’t on Nero’s ‘offically supported’ drives list.

Pointless ranting removed

I was just looking at Nero’s website on an unrelated topic and checked the supported drives list.
I appears they have finally added the 411/451/811/851 to their support list. :smiley:

But the most interesting thing?
They also offcially support the LDW: 412S, 421S, 611S, 651S, 802S and even the LXW-895X!

That is nice of Nero to support drives that don’t even exist! :stuck_out_tongue:

For all those people that are going to freak out and ask about them (I know someone will), no they don’t exist and probably never will. Most likely they were just test models. I just thought it was amusing. :iagree:

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]I was just looking at Nero’s website on an unrelated topic and checked the supported drives list.
I appears they have finally added the 411/451/811/851 to their support list. :smiley:

But the most interesting thing?
They also offcially support the LDW: 412S, 421S, 611S, 651S, 802S and even the LXW-895X!

That is nice of Nero to support drives that don’t even exist! :stuck_out_tongue:

For all those people that are going to freak out and ask about them (I know someone will), no they don’t exist and probably never will. Most likely they were just test models. I just thought it was amusing. :iagree: [/B]

More pointless ranting removed.
Rimmer66 your negative attitude is getting out of control again. I’m warning you one last time to tone it down or one of us may have to tone it down permanently.
-Ssseth

I think you should both rest this case. Go out, get a bit fresh air and then come back :wink:

Flaming/attacking each other is not a right thing to do.

Thread closed.