Alright because of all the new features the manufacturers of CD-(re)writers are implementing (see link) in their drives I thought we maybe could make a list of which features the â€œULTIMATEâ€ burner should have (and maybe send it to a few manufacturers like: Plextor, Lite-On, Yamaha, SANYO, etc). You never know, maybe they listen to their customers!!
Maybe we could even make a Poll for it?
I had in mind the following features/ functions, but maybe you all now a few more:
- HD-Burn (Sanyo only at the moment or is Sonyâ€™s system the same?);
- Fully correct EMF encoding (Lite-On only at the moment);
- Mount Rainier support;
- Reading corrupt TOCâ€™s (for reading audio-protections! Correct me if Iâ€™m wrong);
- Read speed 48 (52x?/56x?) Full-CAV (or P-CAV because you get a higher overall speed);
- Multiple write speeds (1/2/4/8/10/12/16/20/24/32/40/44/48);
- Multiple rewrite speeds (1/2/4/8/10/12/16/20/24/32?/40?/44?/48?);
- Large buffer, at least 8 Mb or even 16 Mb like the Mitsumiâ€™s (or even larger: 32/64/128 Mb alto the last two would be a bit overdue);
- Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording function (write/rewrite speeds: 1/2/4/8/16?/32?) (Yamaha only at the moment);
- CD-RW Audio Track Editing Mode function (Yamaha only at the moment);
- DiscT@2 function (Yamaha only at the moment)
- (Over)Burn to 99 minutes;
- Buffer UnderRun protection (JustLink, Burn-Proof, Seamless Link, Smart-Burn, ExacLink any preference?);
- Reading/writing CD-Text;
- Reading(/writing?) video-CD, CD+G, C2 errors (all reported by the Nero InfoTool);
- Ultra ATA 100/133 or Serial ATA 150 interface;
- PoweRec function (Plextor only at the moment);
- VariRec recording (write/rewrite speeds: 1/2/4/8/16?/32?) (Plextor only at the moment).
Please give your comments, questions, reactions and/or additions.
Should we make it a poll, to see what the visitors of this forum would like to see in their â€œULTIMATEâ€ burner?
[EDIT] fought = thought [EDIT]