Specification of the external power supply of PX-755UF?

Does anyone know the specification of the external power supply?
I guess 12V / 1.5A - but can anyone confirm it?

I’ve been using a 12V-2A adapter with my PX-740UF. I see adapters sold such as this that go as high as 5A, and others listed at 2A.

5A for an optical drive is overkill, 2A is more than enough for an optical drive.

PSUs that are shipped with half height ODD enclosures typically offer 2A @12V plus 2A @5V.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2674042]PSUs that are shipped with half height ODD enclosures typically offer 2A @12V plus 2A @5V.

Michael[/QUOTE]
Nowadays certainly - but the PX-755UF is already a little bit older, so I thought that 1.5A could be enough.
But I did not find the data of the power supply which was shipped with originally.

The power supply of my external Asus offers 3A @ 12V. So the drives seem to be more and more demanding.

I believe that I would choose to err on the safe side, going with 2A+

It would simply ensure that the power supply was not being pushed near it’s limits and would last longer.

Judging by the power ratings in this manual, it would not be overkill to go with a 3A unit, at least 2A appears needed.

the internal drive will demand 2.4A on the 12V at it’s max, so maximum 3A will be more than enough.
I still believe that 2A will be OK, unless the OP only burns at +16x then he/she might need the extra 0.4A.