Speakers question

Hi all, I have a Yamaha HTR-5660 Reciver, then I have a 6.1 Speakers Packages that support “8 Ohm and 6 Ohm”.

Now my question is, which way the speakers sound better or how I will get more quality sound, or better sound at 8 Ohm or 6 Ohm

Thanks

Hi there,

I moved your thread to this forum, as it seems to be the better choice to me… :wink:

Anyhow: speakers can sound very good at 6, 8, 16 or even 32 ohms. But, the higher the impendance of the speaker, the less is the power that can be delivered from the amp (always make sure that the impedance of the speakers is within the limits of the amplifier!).

In most cases, higher amplification power gives a better sound quality (less distortion), so speakers with a lower impendance should be the best choice. I doubt however, if you can hear the difference between a 6 and a 8 ohm speaker system. I doubt it…

Btw… on some systems, impendances are kept high on purpose. If you connect more than 1 speaker to a single channel (or mono amp), the total impedance can even be put back to 1 ohm, so that the amp can carry a very heavy load (it has to be designed for this however!).

thank you, for you help