Speakers for LCD TV

I’m interested in buying a decent speakers for my Sony LCD since the built-in speakers are unsatisfying. I don’t want to spend too much for the speakers (around 100$). Would speakers like Genius SP-HF2000X be good for this kind of thing?
I’m open to suggestions…

First of all i would like to recommend to purchase speakers for your personal listening enjoyment, not for your lcd monitor. I doubt it will tell you how it loves its new speakers. :slight_smile:

Then i would like to know what the purpose of these new speakers will be. Just plain stereo mp3 sound or rather 5.1 surround sound dolby fragfest included with rock solid soundtrack?

Well, ofc it’s for my personal listening enjoyment =P
I meant that it could be connected to my LCD TV without any additional fuss (such as purchasing a receiver).
I intend to use the speakers with my Xbox 360, PS3 and watching some local/satellite TV stations.

[QUOTE=Cypher;2444529]Well, ofc it’s for my personal listening enjoyment =P
I meant that it could be connected to my LCD TV without any additional fuss (such as purchasing a receiver).
I intend to use the speakers with my Xbox 360, PS3 and watching some local/satellite TV stations.[/QUOTE]

If your tv has a headphone port it shouldn’t be a problem to set up a normal speaker system with amplifier. But the sound quality isn’t gonna be that superb, since you’re using the “sound system” of your television (which is always scart stereo with some srs surround at best)

If you want the best for your ps3 and xbox, i suggest investing in a surround system like the Philips FR 984. Keep in mind you need additional cables for your xbox 360 to get dolby surround sound. I dunno about the ps3 but i suspsect it has optical dts out (like playstation 2 had).

Do the surround systems/home cinema, like the one you mentioned, process audio on their own (instead of using audio processing of the tv)?
With a home cinema set, for example, will I need to buy a receiver?

[QUOTE=Cypher;2444550]Do the surround systems/home cinema, like the one you mentioned, process audio on their own (instead of using audio processing of the tv)?[/quote] It processes the audio on its own.

With a home cinema set, for example, will I need to buy a receiver?
Not really, most cinema sets have a built in reciever either accesible by cable or antenna.