Speaker Selection Help

Well, im in the market for a new set of speakers for my computer. I’ve narrowed it down to the Klipsch Ultra 5.1s, Logitech z5500s, and Creative Labs Gigaworks s750. What would you guys recommend? (Or, would you recommend a different set instead?)

Cambrige Soundworks

what sound card will you be using? i don’t hesitate to recommend the klipsch pm ultra 5.1s paired with an audigy2zs platinum…they sound absolutely great to me…astounding bass and a warmer overall sound than the logitechs and creatives i’ve heard…

you’ve got a 5.1 versus two 7.1 systems…decide between those two categories first…

then there’s also the fact the klipsch doesn’t have its own external digital decoder unlike the logitechs and creatives…some prefer having an external decoder but if you’ve got a soundcard that’ll decode already, it’s not necessary (klipsch claims they concentrated on the sound quality rather than going all digital with the PM ultras)…

there’s also a bit of difference in cost…

Go with the Klipsch :iagree: I have digital coax in on my Klipsch external controller :slight_smile:

I’ve got an audigy2zs as well. And the only 7.1 system is the creative. Out of these, which is the best (concidering price and everything)?

@rolling56…there isn’t any digital in on the promedia ultra 5.1s that i’m aware of…these are the ones i’m referring to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836119106

@thesandman00, sorry…i thought i saw the logitechs as 7.1s…

personally, when paired with an audigy2zs, i don’t see any advantage of 7.1 (it’s all artificial upmixing anyway) nor of an external decoder…so i would go with the klipsch…in addition i’ve heard the customer service (replacements, etc.) is great with klipsch…but i’ve never had to use it myself (nor have i heard much about creative or logitech’s customer service)…

i’ll admit i’m biased…but i’d choose speakers from a respected speaker maker like klipsch over speakers from a large “we do everything” company like creative or logitech…

drpino > That’s strange as i have these http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=803 and they have digital coax in to the controller. Look at the manual on the same page. I thought the Ultra’s had digital coax in as they cost way more.

Those are not the ones that I was talking about.