Spamp Filters

Which spam filter are you use?

I don’t use a spamp or a spam filter :slight_smile:
I simply just keep two emails; one for personal/private, and just one that I use as a scapegoat. :smiley:

Spamcop.net is very effective with lots of configuration options. however they do not offer support and are prone to occasional technical issues. Price is right though.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Spamcop.net is very effective with lots of configuration options. however they do not offer support and are prone to occasional technical issues. Price is right though.

Used that and for some reason my spam increased significantly after that…so I removed it.

Closed the email account I was receiving spam on and from the looks of it, it bought me some time and I hardly receive spam at the moment.

Yes, reporting your spam results in more spam. But not reporting it means that the blacklists aren’t as accurate. :frowning:

hmmmm spamp

Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what’ve you got?
Waitress: Well, there’s egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spamp; egg bacon and spamp; egg bacon sausage and spamp; spamp bacon sausage and spamp; spamp egg spamp spamp bacon and spamp; spamp sausage spamp spamp bacon spamp tomato and spamp;
Vikings: spamp spamp spamp spamp…
Waitress: …spamp spamp spamp egg and spamp; spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp baked beans spamp spamp spamp…
Vikings: spamp! Lovely spamp! Lovely spamp!
Waitress: …or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spamp.
Wife: Have you got anything without spamp?
Waitress: Well, there’s spamp egg sausage and spamp, that’s not got much spamp in it.
Wife: I don’t want ANY spamp!
Man: Why can’t she have egg bacon spamp and sausage?
Wife: THAT’S got spamp in it!
Man: Hasn’t got as much spamp in it as spamp egg sausage and spamp, has it?
Vikings: spamp spamp spamp spamp… (Crescendo through next few lines…)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spamp and sausage without the spamp then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean ‘Urgghh’? I don’t like spamp!
Vikings: Lovely spamp! Wonderful spamp!
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spamp! Wonderful spamp!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can’t have egg bacon spamp and sausage without the spamp.
Wife: I don’t like spamp!
Man: Sshh, dear, don’t cause a fuss. I’ll have your spamp. I love it. I’m having spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp beaked beans spamp spamp spamp and spamp!
Vikings: spamp spamp spamp spamp. Lovely spamp! Wonderful spamp!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spamp instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp spamp… (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: spamp spamp spamp spamp. Lovely spamp! Wonderful spamp! spamp spa-a-a-a-a-am spamp spa-a-a-a-a-am spamp. Lovely spamp! Lovely spamp! Lovely spamp! Lovely spamp! Lovely spamp! spamp spamp spamp spamp!

Ontopic: I don’t get any spam! I’m so happy! :slight_smile:
rd, how can reporting spam result in more spam? You don’t report to the spammers so they see you’re alive do you?

rd, how can reporting spam result in more spam

The reports are not always properly munged, and many spammers hide tags in the spam, so when they get the report they know who reported it.

I still don’t get it.
I thought you submitted the senders spam-message to a blacklist…

Ah wait now I get it, spammers send unique spam to each person! How loving! :slight_smile:

Ah wait now I get it, spammers send unique spam to each person!

Yes, there’s often a hidden tag in the body with your address in it.
Other times, they put you in the subject or somewhere where Spamcop doesn’t properly munge your ID. If you don’t send reports to the host of the spamvertised web site, you can avoid much of this sort of “harvesting”.