Spain allows P2P, link-sharing of copyrighted works

vbimport

Spain allows P2P, link-sharing of copyrighted works.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/03/QgtjVh.jpg[/newsimage]As long as no profits are made, it's legal to share copyrighted material through peer-to-peer transfers or link to it through a Web site, a Spanish court ruled.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/spain-allows-p2p-link-sharing-copyrighted-works-27211/](http://www.myce.com/news/spain-allows-p2p-link-sharing-copyrighted-works-27211/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

MPAA/RIAA to Obama “Declare war on those Spanish bastards” They are terrorists…

So far so good…

… and 99% of the world moves to Spain … leaving behind politicians & the RIAA/MPAA…

It’s a surprise that Spain law upholds personal freedoms, over corporate profits.
Can anyone remind me of what sort of Music & Movie industry Spain has?

[QUOTE=debro;2502065]
It’s a surprise that Spain law upholds personal freedoms, over corporate profits.
Can anyone remind me of what sort of Music & Movie industry Spain has?[/QUOTE]

Spain is a country that gets a lot of it’s revenue from tourists=“personal freedoms” with mp3 players and other multimedia devices who spend a lot of money there.
As for corporations:there are no indications whatsoever that they bribe the spanish politicians as much as the US corporations do…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2502315]Spain is a country that gets a lot of it’s revenue from tourists=“personal freedoms” with mp3 players and other multimedia devices who spend a lot of money there.
As for corporations:there are no indications whatsoever that they bribe the spanish politicians as much as the US corporations do…[/QUOTE]

Those tax free islands are a blast too! They can import any kind of electronics for little money and sell those to tourists under the rule of that it is also beneficial for local inhabitants to have these electronics. So they cannot sell GPS navigation systems, since the islands usually have just a few roads. :slight_smile:

It is about time a nation like Spain upholds personal freedoms. Let’s see how the MPAA & RIAA use their lobbyist in Washington to have our government nudge Spain’s way of thinking. But then again the US and Spain never did see eye to eye. Way to go Spain, I hope other counties will now feel more comfortable in making rulings such as this and not be pressured by large corporations and their profits.

[QUOTE=debro;2502065]… and 99% of the world moves to Spain … [/QUOTE]

LOL! That was my first thought on reading the thread title. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2502578]LOL! That was my first thought on reading the thread title. ;)[/QUOTE]

I don’t think- I think they already did before this news headline came out…Slow death for RIAA/MPAA… :Z

No slow death at all. No death at all. The European Government is getting the ACTA agreement down their throats like a goose being prepared for Foie Gras.

I am a Puerto RIcan, my Grandparents are from Spain. I can say that we do this in America already. I can’t stand all this DRM RIAA poop. Now, I can claim it is cultural!!