SP1 for winXP

i downloaded the Win XP SP1 a while ago from MS, but what i want to know is - do MS update the SP with all the new fixes since the SP1 was released?

Usually it says so when you use http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

All important fixes up to the date of the SP’s release are included.

As it happens, i just search for the network version @ the MS download centre. I have notice that the file has increased in size by 5 MB is since i last downloaded it

yes there has been updates since sp1 now called “hotfix sp2”

Look at your system properties, on the general page it should say SP-1 if it is installed.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Look at your system properties, on the general page it should say SP-1 if it is installed.
I already know i have Sp 1 installed

Microsoft has a habit of adding things into their Service Packs after they are released. In practice the way it is supposed to work is: Microsoft releases the Service Pack, all future revisions are separate hotfixes until the next Service Pack is released. (You would download these individually, or use Windows update). They sometimes slip in an “underdocumented” fix into an existing Service Pack - usually soon after release, and if the need is great they will create an officially amended Service Pack - as they did with Windows NT SP6a.

So the answer to your question is, you will need to download the post SP1 “hotfixes”.

Do you know when MS are likely to bring out SP2 (is there any trend in the time a new SP is brought out after the old SP was release)