Source Corrupt Using DVD Rebuilder

I use DVDFab Platinum to rip DVD video files to the hard drive then use DVD Rebuilder to compress the files. When I tried to compress “Live Free or Die Hard” R1 I got the attached error message.

troy

Hi CDRipper,

As troy512 said, please try DVDFab 4.0.1.4 Beta to see the result, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1938571]Hi CDRipper,

As troy512 said, please try DVDFab 4.0.1.4 Beta to see the result, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

I tried it. Same result.

I had a corrupt file using DVD Rebuilder Pro recently and have to format one of my storage drives. Tried every way i know to delete it and no go. Thank god i didn’t have a lot to move off of it before i formated.

I have not had a corrupt file using DVDFab though.

[QUOTE=CDRipper;1938562]I use DVDFab Platinum to rip DVD video files to the hard drive then use DVD Rebuilder to compress the files. When I tried to compress “Live Free or Die Hard” R1 I got the attached error message.[/QUOTE]

am having this same issue here - http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-ripped-files-incompatible-other-programs-232255/index2.html#post1938851 but with Pirates of the Caribbean World’s End. Haven’t got around to trying DVDFab 4.0.1.4 Beta yet nor trying to use Hank’s Encoder with Rebuilder (as opposed to CCE) in that thread

Run the project thru FixVTS or VobBlanker. You may need a full scan in VobBlanker (Alt-F) before you begin.

This has also been discussed in the official DVD Rebuilder forum on Doom9.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=132108

Regards

Hi CDRipper,

I think it’s a problem of DVD Rebuilder, since the VOB/CELL is not missing, it’s just empty with one NAVI pack, and you can confirm it with VOBEdit.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1940628]Hi CDRipper,

I think it’s a problem of DVD Rebuilder, since the VOB/CELL is not missing, it’s just empty with one NAVI pack, and you can confirm it with VOBEdit.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]Confirms my suspicions.

Hi :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rolling56;1940641]Confirms my suspicions.[/QUOTE]

Would agree except …[B][U]See here:[/U][/B]
N.B. However I confess to not having the specific disc that CDRipper is having problems with.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Fengtao,
I have been investigating this issue and asking questions on the DVD Rebuilder forum on one of the other sites. I’ve been informed that the reason DVD Rebuilder fails with the rip from DVDFab is due to non compliant cells in the rip.

“Well, the VobBlanker screen tells you the reason here. VCID 2/1 thru 2/7 are not compliant. They are only 1 pack (2048 bytes). These are the ones you blank in DVDRB’s segment editor. But, according to DVDRB, these cells don’t appear in the VOB … the ripper has not removed them from the IFO structure. In this case, the rip is bad.” (this was for VTS2).

If one goes through the painstaking task of replacing the cells from the DVDFab rip with blanked cells, in the VTSs that have the problem the DVD can be processed with DVD Rebuilder. See attachment for VTS 6. Cells 1-6 and 94 are not compliant and need to be blanked. If one does this with VobBlanker a compliant DVD is generated and can be encoded.

As I have pointed out in other posts DVDFab version 3.1.7.5 produced a rip that was compliant as well as RipIt4Me and either could be processes by DVD Rebuilder. I have not gotten a response or an explanation. Please Comment

For some reason the site is preventing the upload of the attachment showing the details for VTS 6 in Ratatouille. The upload fail with no explanation. Vob Blanker shows the cells as 2048 bytes. I’ll try to upload 1st thing tomorrow and append it to this post.

Thanks,

rcubedcuber

Fengtao,
Here is the attachment that I intended to attach to my previous post. I still can’t seem to edit the post, but I can now upload attachments.

Sincerely

rcubedcuber

[QUOTE=zebadee;1940692]Hi :slight_smile:
Would agree except …[B][U]See here:[/U][/B]
N.B. However I confess to not having the specific disc that CDRipper is having problems with.[/QUOTE]I’ve been using DVD-RB Pro 1.26.5 with CCE Basic and decided to go back to 1.26.3 with CCE Basic and see if that helps me out.

When i got the update to 1.26.5 i had problems installing it so maybe i got a bad copy.

@rolling56

If you got a bad download, just download it again from the link suplied. There have been important advances since 1.26.3 (see the version history).

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;1941887]@rolling56

If you got a bad download, just download it again from the link suplied. There have been important advances since 1.26.3 (see the version history).

Regards[/QUOTE]I have since fixed my problem now and i’m using 1.26.5 Pro, thanks for the post though.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

I just tried it with 3.1.8.0 and it worked fine. 4.0.1.6 still gives problems though.

This is because it is illegal to have a cell without video - see mpucoder’s post here. Apparently, there is an option to turn this “no video in cell” off in the new beta.

Regards

Thank you for the reply. Do you mean the option is in 4.0.1.6? I checked it but couldn’t find it.

It is on the “Protections” page in Common Settings, I think the bottom box.

Thanks very much! I’ll try it tonight.