Source audio problems

I have the platinum version of DVDfab Last Ver 4 and most recent ver 5 and I am encoding movies with the (moblie) generic xvid+source audio. using both versions, The audio starts out fine (5.1 DD) for about and hour and thirty mins then it switches to 1 channel audio twords the end of the movie. I have done this to several movies with the same result.
Thanks for your help
Ryan

Something I forgot to add is that I am Fixed encoding at 2500.

Not a solution as such but check this

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/help-ting-improve-dvd-mobile-sign-here-244859/

Lots of issues with audio sync and mobile…

Thanks For the reply. I checked the thread and didn’t see anything that might help out. I am guessing it is my computer. But it happens on every movie I back up. i upgraded to 5.2.2 and still have the same issue. Sigh.

There’s no doubt there are audio problems with the mobile option and it is not the same for everyone…

Do you NEED it as XVid to play it or can you try another format…? I found the 360 format (WMV) coped better on lip sync issues for instance than the PS3 option…

Worth a go with other formats…

I don’t NEED it to be in xvid/Divix but I have a older computer and it takes 20 to 10 hours to convert to h.264 and I can’t find the WMV option that includes the source audio.

I basicly want to keep the source audio but whatever I do, at about 1:52:xx the audio changes to mono from Dolby Digital (5.1). kinda frustrating. I am trying to figure out if it is the program or my computer.

I still love this program and that is why I paid for it.

Try generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy profile instead of the H264 profile and let us know the results.

That is the profile I am having the issue with. I have updated to 5.2.5 and still have the same problem. I am beginning to think it is with my computer. but it happens around the same time. With 2 hour + and less. I have even tried the single .vob file but I can’t get the PS3 to see it on the network using windoz media server

[QUOTE=hoochthefireman;2065411]That is the profile I am having the issue with. I have updated to 5.2.5 and still have the same problem. I am beginning to think it is with my computer. but it happens around the same time. With 2 hour + and less. I have even tried the single .vob file but I can’t get the PS3 to see it on the network using windoz media server[/QUOTE]
I’m thinking the same as I use that profile all the time and have absolutely no problems playing on my PC’s or the Network Media Players I have scattered throughout the house.

Can you post the parameters you are using so I can have a look at them?

hi

I have the platinum version of DVDfab Last Ver 4 and most recent ver 5 and I am encoding movies with the (moblie) generic xvid+source audio. using both versions, The audio starts out fine (5.1 DD) for about and hour and thirty mins then it switches to 1 channel audio twords the end of the movie. I have done this to several movies with the same result.

This problem looks very strange, if you use audiocopy profile, DVDFab will change nothing for audio track.

What your mean is the your audio source change to 1 channel or you r player switch the audio to 1 channel ?

Did you try other DVD source ? not for some special Source ?

and Please try the new version and see what happened.

Thanks.

Ting,
Thanks for your reply. Are you asking the computer set up or how I have the program setup to encode the movie?

I am going to try a different computer and see if I get the same result.
Thanks again for everyones input and help.
Ryan

I tried a different computer with the same settings and still got the same results. At 1:54:23 the movie changed from DD 5.1 to DD 1 channel audio. the setting are xvid-source audio and I am 1 pass encoding with fixed bit ratye of 2500.
I am Also streaming it to a PS3 using windows media player 11 server. I am also using a external USB drive where the movie plays from. I pluged this HD straight to the PS3 with the same results. Any more thoughts?
Ryan

[QUOTE=hoochthefireman;2066169]I tried a different computer with the same settings and still got the same results. At 1:54:23 the movie changed from DD 5.1 to DD 1 channel audio. the setting are xvid-source audio and I am 1 pass encoding with fixed bit ratye of 2500.
I am Also streaming it to a PS3 using windows media player 11 server. I am also using a external USB drive where the movie plays from. I pluged this HD straight to the PS3 with the same results. Any more thoughts?
Ryan[/QUOTE]If you are streaming from MP11 to a PS3 try using VOB passthru…rename the outputed VOB file to MPG and your PS3 will pick it up when MP11 streams it…only prob is it is still 4GB or soin size…but it’s what I do…kepps everything I need…

I am goign to try vob passthru renaming. I found a thread that explaned about the folder options and showing the extentions.

I still think the audio issue is worth looking into. I will try to get a log the next time I try to do xvid+source audio. That may shead a little light on the subject. i normaly don’t save a log due to the reliablity I have mostly had with DvdFab.
Ryan

The Vob passthru and changing it to .mpg file works. I just cant fast forward through it or tell how long it is. It will do in the time being until this issue is looked at more or is fixed.
Thanks once again’
Ryan

[QUOTE=hoochthefireman;2067907]The Vob passthru and changing it to .mpg file works. I just cant fast forward through it or tell how long it is. It will do in the time being until this issue is looked at more or is fixed.
Thanks once again’
Ryan[/QUOTE]
Odd…on my PS3 I can FF quite happily and it always shows the time of the video…sure you dont mean Forward Chapter??

I somehow suspect the 2500 bitrate and realistically a 2500 bitrate doesn’t do that much anyway.

Do me a test at 1100 and see what results.

i am sorry about not being more detailed on my post. I can fast forward but not to a specific time i select. I did a 2 hour movie and it showed it as 1:10:00 as far as the length goes.

I also got frame jutter from a movie and audio error doing VOB but I am researching that in another thread. It could have also been a bad day for my computer.
Ryan

[quote=GregiBoy;2068100]I somehow suspect the 2500 bitrate and realistically a 2500 bitrate doesn’t do that much anyway.

Do me a test at 1100 and see what results.[/quote]

Okay Gregi, i will give it a shot today. I am not really concerned about size. I would like a good quality (as best as I can get from xvid) video.
Ryan

[QUOTE=hoochthefireman;2069018]Okay Gregi, i will give it a shot today. I am not really concerned about size. I would like a good quality (as best as I can get from xvid) video.
Ryan[/QUOTE]

Hi Ryan, I think if you go here: http://tversity.com/download/ and download the free TVersity media server and stream the vob passthrough with it, you’ll be pleased with the result.