Sounds like the normal bin/cue problem, but

My problem is this: I have a software packed in rar format. Inside this rar file is fifty other rar files which contains one split software file each. Now it took me some time to understand this, but I think I know what is supposed to happen. I start unpacking one .rar and the chainreaction starts merging all the files into one, right? Well there lies the problem. When I start unpacking the starterfile, it asks me where the next one is. I cant give it the location; c:\sofware.rar, and if I unpack these files seperately into one folder they don’t keep their original names like “software.r22” or “software.r23”, only “software”. So the first file will be erased by the second, which will be erased by the third etc. So I was afraid I would have to create fifty folders and unpack each file into each one. (Which would take forever times fifty.) I tried it with the first five files, but that didnt work either. I heard there should be an extra file in there with a pathname I might have to configure, but I never found it. Am I doing something wrong, or is the whole thing corrupt?

All your files share the same name right?
abc.rar
abc.r01
abc.r02
->

If not then WinRAR will ask you where the second file is. Do I understand your question wrong?

Yea, they share the same name. Software.rar, Software.r00, Software.r01, Software.r02 and so on. Plus a .nfo file and a .sfv file. I try to start the unrar from several of them just in case, but the .rar is the only one to react. It just cant find the next file.

An .nfo file? Since when were those packed into freeware/shareware applications?

the .sfv is a checksum…have you made sure you have all parts of the archive? and that they arent corrupt? //random thought.

The .svd files lists all the files that are there. No one is missing. But I think I can get a friend to help me. He knows more about these things than anyone else in the world. Thanks for the effort guys, I really apprechiate it.

PS.

xtacydima:
Who said anything about shareware or freeware? What my software is and where I got it is nobodys business but mine.

Originally posted by MorbidFox

xtacydima:
Who said anything about shareware or freeware? What my software is and where I got it is nobodys business but mine.

You are right, I am sorry to have questioned you. Its just usually indictave that an .nfo & .sfv is not commonly attached to non freeware/shareware, thats all. I never asked you what software package this is nor where you got it from. No punt in harm intended.

Innocent until proven guilty

• Da_Taxman