Soundcard Laptop

vbimport

Hello, I have a laptop and I am playing to use it for convert my old music tape. I wonder if there is some guide to convert tapes using a laptop or is the same than any normal guide using a PC, wires and tape deck. I found some on net but aren’t very clear…

Thanks again,

Odds are your laptop only has Mic in, not Line in. That makes it a bit more difficult.

My Laptop has Mic-In and a connector where I put headphones to listen music. Is posible that be the Line-In???.

The Mic-In could be mono only and has too high sensitivity to connect with the Tape-Out of your tape deck. The sound device diver may have a setting to adjust the sensitivity, you can check this in the software mixer settings.

If you want the best possible quality, you’ll be better to use a separate USB or PCMCIA soundcard with proper Line-In for recording.

In my opinion, this is the way to go (see my review, click review tab on product page): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381598-REG/ART_USB_PHONOPLUSV_2_USBPhonoPlus_v2_Audio_Interface.html#goto_itemInfo

Probably the best price also at BH, regards, gamma1